Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Bon Jovi- Wanted Dead or Alive Cover

DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
https://vocaroo.com/i/s18b7aFDZkB8
@videoace @highmtn @Furious_Phil @Gaston_Jauregui @blondiewales @bentk @stratman
Pretty cool Bon Jovi track.
Please check it out and give me feedback!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    One of the better recordings i heard from you as far as vocals go, good job! pretty solid pitch too. I think you are constantly improving, well done.

You come in a little harsh on some vowels, and you also hear some volume spikes there. Glottal compression is something that can help you a lot there, that's taught in VOL3 of the singing program.

Recording wise i don't have a lot of feedback for you. Your voice recording doesn't seem to blend well with the backing track, and it all seemed a little high on the treble to me. But it is a good show case for where your singing ability is now.

Thanks for sharing, Diego!
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited August 2018
    Yes, I agree with the recording. I put some reverb on the vocals and I think thatvjus messed everything up. Is there a way toblike extract effects from a track? And I should've done compression.

Thank you so much for your feedback! @bentk
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Diego, record your vocals dry. Add any reverb or other effects while mixing, so if it's too much or not enough you can adjust, non-destructively.