Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

I need help

I'm new on this forum. I recently started singing in a band. I'm a low tenor so I can sing but nothing crazy. My problem is that most of the time I have to belt to get the notes in the style of the song across. I do a quick warmup before each session but I need to increase my range and have no clue where to start and I can't afford the KT vocal course.

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Have you looked at Ken's Youtube channel?
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    As already stated, you can look at Ken's youtube channel to start, and ask a few questions here if needed.
    There are loads of videos with free information from Ken on his youtube channel, so try and start with the most basic ones and find out what the most important aspects are of singing. Take the time to watch the videos and really listen closely to what Ken says. His course and method works for a reason. The basics are so, so important to get down.

And maybe in the future you'll be able to go for the full pro course?

All the best,

Ben
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    @plantpage531 , I really couldn't afford it either; but as they say, where there's a will there's a way!

Toss aside $20 here, $40 there, and before you know it, you're clicking the purchase button :+1:
    It took me 4-6 months of squirreling $$ away before I could go for it, and that was for the basic package.
    Within 1 more year, I saved up the extra amount to upgrade to Pro status, because I knew what I had.

I reasoned that I toss that amount for a couple of guitar pedals, a new pickup or a replacement Floyd Rose for my axe... so that really helped put it in perspective.

This course is the price of 4 guitar lessons, or 2-3 good vocal lessons...
    My wife and I routinely stop at Starbucks... that's $20 a pop... so a couple of weeks abstinence is the course.

It all comes down to if you have the innate desire to become a really good singer (or better than good)

Do or do not, there is no try ~ Yoda