Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello KTVA from Taiwan

TimHsuTimHsu Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
Hi, my name is Tim Hsu, 19 years old, from Taiwan. now studying in University
yesterday i purchased KTVA program Volume one to three. Hardcopy version, but ken's assistant still offer a download link to Volume one for me to get start right away, which is so nice:)
I've been into singing since i was in junior high. I remember on a special day, I sang a song to my classmates, and they said I can really sing. I was so glad to hear that, so I decided to study singing my own. 

I could sing on G#4(A4 on some good days) before I used any training program. but actually i could only hit the note with strain in loud volume. I could not do it effortlessly...
The first method I tried is SS. after a couple of exercises, I thought I "could" sing better, but I lost all my "fans". They all wanted me to sing in original way I used to.... then I realized I've focused too much on expansion of my vocal range and the power of voice not on quality.... but actually SS made little progress on my vocal range too, I totally made myself a sucker....

The second program I tried is Breaking the Chain about two years ago from RockTheStageNYC But most exercises in it are too difficult for beginners (too high for Dude). The mp3s and pdf are still in this computer :(

I lose confidence to sing in front of people...I hope I can do it again some day, and sing better than before.
sorry for my bad english, but I'm said when I recall my singing career..

Comments

• TimHsuTimHsu Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    one day I found a tip to sing high, can easily slide up to G5-A5 with power. 
    but still struggle a lot with passaggio
    I can't sing on passaggio powerfully, it need a lot of focus.
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    你好!有什么疑问请问啊!别害羞。我们在KTVA这里都会互相帮忙。这就是因为我们都有共同的目标!

欢迎您参与KTVA! 我们一起尽力吧!

英文不行的话,中文都可以。我是马来西亚来的。:)

I am assuming that Mandarin is your mother tongue ;). I can speak Mandarin so I hope I can help you out if you have any problems :) Don't hesitate to ask anything!

Also, you sound like me! 2 years ago I joined KTVA. I could sing up to a F4~G4. (A4 on good days) but it will also sound strained. I also tried SS, didn't work for me =\. I never tried Breaking the Chain though. 

Take your time with KTVA. 慢慢一步一步来,别急!每个人都有自己学习的速度。 :)

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Cheers
    Rayhan
    普通話是我們平常用的,但不能說是我的母語(其實我不太會講母語),很高興這裡還能看到中文:P 只是我不會打簡體字 可能會讓簡體使用者看得有點吃力 

THANK YOU :)

Actually I've been studying singing for 6 years. Now Ken in the video tell me to forget about it :-S
    How do I know I'm ready for next exercise??? When to move to the next Volume??
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Welcome to KTVA, Tim!

Like Rayhan said, Rome wasn't built in a day.  This will be a long-term commitment for you.

Yes, you need to put SS and any other vocal methods behind you and put your focus on KTVA now.

You will be glad you did.  This method really works, and will change your tone and your power as well as your range.

We're glad you're here.

Bob 

edited July 2013
    啊!对了,我忘了。台湾母语是闽南语!也就是相似我们马来西亚的福建话(90%)。没关系。繁体字我看得满习惯了!哈哈!

对。就把你以前所有的一切暂时放在一边。跟着Ken所说的一切。一定在一两个月之内看到进步!不过要每天练哦!一星期5~6次。

在你的KTVA的folder里面会有一个“How to do Volume One.doc"的文件。打开来读一读。里面解释得很清楚。

不过,如果你还有任何疑问,别害羞!就问吧!你必须记得每个人的声带都不一样。我本身用了2个月才上到Volume2。因为我要肯定我已经把握了Volume1的内容。有些人会比较快,有些人会比较慢。一步一步来:)

还有请发e-mail给ktvainfo@gmail.com. 里面放着你购买KTVA的账单还是收据什么的,receipt,那你的ktva forums的帐号就会换去enrolled还是pro(如果你购买了全3个Volumes)

Rayhan
    @Kokonuht
    我以為她會自己把我變成enrolled會員呢 因為他都是用email跟我聯絡(ktvainfo@gmail.com)
    帳單是指paypal的email帳單嗎???

我是一次買三個Volumes
    啊!没关系。

你已经是“pro”了 :)

加油哦!