Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Critique my voice 6 months into the program

Hey Guys,Gals, I am reposting this in the right forum and with a backing track behind the singing.

It's been around 6 months since I started doing KTVA and a year since I started singing.
I thought it would be nice to get feedback from people here, critique away, I need to improve :)

Here's the link:

Cheers and thanks in advance for your input!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey giorgio.   I got this link to work.  For some reason I couldn't get the link you put in your other post to play.

Thanks for adding the guitar track and for adjusting the volumes so that we can hear what's going on better.

You have some pitch issues and some support issues that you will need to work on.  Pitch control is better when you support properly, so it will be worth your while to work a bit on your support.

You don't make it up to the note on "poor" at 0:11.  It's a bit flat, and some other similar notes are flat as well.  You could make the tone brighter.  Bright tone gives you a better chance to discern pitch issues more directly.  Your sound is a bit more covered than it is bright.

This is not really an easy song to sing.  The melody is a bit complex and may be making it harder for you to nail the notes.

I would recommend that you take the time to work through the Basic Pitch Part One program, if you haven't done that already.  It may help you to zero in on some of the issues I am talking about.  It's yours free, as a KTVA student.  You can access it here on the forums.   Look in the index under "Better Tone and Pitch".   You'll find it there.

Consonant-wise, you are pronouncing most of your "R"s as "W's.  This may be a speech anomaly, but most speech anomalies can be overcome when singing.  We pronounce differently when singing our vowels and consonants, so I think you could make this alteration if you give it a little attention when you sing.

I do hear potential in your voice.  It just needs to be harnessed and refined to turn your weaknesses into your strengths.  I think it would really rock if you would take these things I am mentioning and tackle them, one-by-one.

Start with the support and work from there.  It will give you strength to lean on.  You can do this.

Bob

• giorgiogiorgio Pro Posts: 9
    Hi Bob, this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. You're spot on on the R's as W's, this is a speech anomaly I have on my speaking voice, I need to concentrate on that :)

So I am going to work on support and pitch as you recommend, I have the basic pitch part one already downloaded so I am good to go!

Thanks Bob and thanks for your kind words, sometimes just seeing "you can do this" helps a lot.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You CAN and you WILL do this!