Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

having a hard time hitting notes

Hey guys,

I have a hard time hitting notes exactly. I just found out that its way easier for me to hit notes while not using glottal compression or breathing intesively in my stomach. Im practicing with the dvds/cds for about 1 and a half year now and im always recording myself with my cellphone.

My voice developed pretty good but I always had a problem with hitting notes exactly. Especially when singing soft stuff :( 

These aren't too many informations and I know that it's hard to help me without seeing me singing but I hope that you can give me a few good advises :)

thank you and greetings from germany!!!

Jarleynator

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, jarleynator,

It's good to hear from you again.  Please put up some samples on Soundcloud of the things you are having troubles with and put a link here.  We can take a listen and see if we can help.

Bob

• jarleynatorjarleynator Member Posts: 9
    okay :) Im getting a interface and a mic in near future! As soon as I get, it I'll record something for you guys. The thing with hitting notes exactly is getting better.... I'm just practising it more intensiv now!

I'm also about to start a band in the next months! (if everything works out well haha)
    First thing I'll do when we recorded something is post it here :D

best greetings from Germany!!!!
    Jarleynator