Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Vocal Range

Hi everybody! I would like to know what could a G2-G5 vocal range (I'm not sure if it is 100% correct) mean to a 16 year old male singer. How could you classify it, or what suggestions could you give me?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Let us hear you and we will let you know.

We await your vocal sample.

Bob

• ruid888ruid888 Member Posts: 16
    What would you consider a vocal sample? Singing a song or just a vocal range demonstration?

In your opinion, what could be a good song to find out these abilities? There are many I would like to sing but I don't think they fit a first impression (I mean, Freddie Mercury is something I'm starting to do well, but I don't want to be na impersonator)

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    You could sing anything, in your opinion what fits your voice best. What you usually sing? It's just a vocal sample. Singing freddie mercury doesn't make you an impersonator. Even if you were to sing all the notes alike, you're still not an impersonator unless you try to imitate his tone, vibrato, style of singing. 

Anything will do. Song or scale, IMO both will do fine. Range isn't really important in CLASSIFYING a voice. 

Quote : A note on vocal range vs. tessitura: Choral singers are classified into voice parts based on range; solo singers are classified into voice types based in part on tessitura – where the voice feels most comfortable for the majority of the time.[5]

Usually classifying a voice is for choral singing or classical singing. You hardly do it for pop etc. So it really depends on why you want to know you voice type I suppose? 

Either way, a song or scale, either will do fine. Any song will do, any scale will do. A major scale, minor scale, arpeggio etc. Do whatever you want, we're just here to listen and evaluate the sound. :)

Cheers
    OK, thanks for your suggestions. I'll try to upload as soon as I can! :D
    and @cgreen : Silent Lucidity perfectly fits my voice, as I can easily get low notes, rather than the high ones. I'll probably use it as a vocal demo.