Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Mucus dripping from back of my nose

goergemgoergem Member, Volume 1 Posts: 15
edited January 2014 in Vocal Health and Wellness
i'ts been a year I cant get rid of white thin mucus from my throat which probably makes it difficult to sing or do vocal exercises (and give different results) Like i said mucus is dripping from back of my nose. I don't know weather its allergies or not, but its bothering me all the time. Everything started last year when i got sick and since that i have this issue. 

I really need some medications and please give me some advice 
thanks 

Answers

• voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    It sounds allergy related.  You can find the allergy source and get rid of it/ stay away, get some over the counter stuff that works for you, or go to an allergy doctor to have it checked out and figure out what's causing it.  Ken did a webinar on vocal health that you should check out.  In it he suggested mixing a small amount of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drinking it daily to help allergies.  Sometimes the Oreganol P73 drops helps.  Take a long, hot shower before a workout which may help.  Also to help get rid of a sore throat look at the Insure Herbal Immune Support and Nature's Way Zinc lozenges or Seagate Olive Leaf throat spray.  Different things work for different people.
  • goergemgoergem Member, Volume 1 Posts: 15
    do you know what causes allergy  ?
  • voodoovoodoo Pro Posts: 250
    Dust, grass, pollen, trees, cats, mold, the list goes on and on.  Look here: http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/allergy-symptoms-types
  • goergemgoergem Member, Volume 1 Posts: 15
    But i never had allergies before i got sick. 
  • KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Try visiting your ENT or a general doctor. I think what you're having is called Post-Nasal Drip. Try looking it up on google
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Yes, it may be necessary to see a doctor, perhaps an ENT to get a good diagnosis.

My concern is that you have had this for so long, and that it seems to be a residual effect from an illness. 

You need to get this resolved.  It may be that some of the tea tree oil or cayenne pepper remedies will help, but you can't let this go on much longer.  If it's allergies, then you need to know that and treat it properly.

Same for if it's a sinus infection. 

It could be something besides that.  I'm just sayin'...  something like this that affects your singing HAS to be taken care of...

Make an appointment.  If they don't give you a satisfactory answer, get a second opinion.  Be proactive.

Bob