Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Greetings from Utah

Hey guys, names Jason. I've always had a passion for music, playing drums for 10 years but I always knew I wanted to sing. I always sang along to all of my favorite songs. I went to lessons for awhile for singing and it felt like it was all talk like Ken says. So I finally bought the course and I can't wait to get started. First off to kick the old habits and learn the new methods. This community looks fantastic and I'm glad I could be apart of it. I'll be practicing a bunch and hope to upload a couple videos in a while with my newly formed band with my brother. Keep posted!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357

@Newtib,

Welcome, Jason!

I always enjoy welcoming a fellow drummer into the Forums! 

As a drummer, you know how important it is to practice, practice, practice, and to slow things down in time when they are hard to do at normal speed initially.

Yes, yes, kick off the old habits.  Be a blank slate, vocally. That is the optimum starting point for razor-sharp KTVA technique!

My brother was in a band with me several years ago in California.  We're both drummers, so we would switch off on different sets with one of us on the drum kit and vocals and the other one playing congas and percussion and running the sound board.  It was a great time.  I've also been in bands where we had two sets of brothers.  There is nothing like the sound of vocal blends when family members are singing together.  It's in the blood and the DNA! 

Looking forward to hearing your demos!

Bob 

• TrineTrine Enrolled Posts: 269

Hi Jason!

Welcome to our community, our big happy family :-). I have been to Utah, on a field course in geology (all the way from Norway). I LOVED it! We stayed in Moab, and I very much want to go back to the red rocks and cliffs!