Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Webcam Session Update!

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I posted stuff. Will try to keep the activeness up ;)

Anyway, I just had a webcam session with Ken and it was amazing. He worked with me through the song "She's Gone" by Steelheart. Yes that's a difficult song but I managed to pull it off on original key.

Ken's review was that I just lacked the stamina to pull the whole song off and I have to work on it part by part. And need to grow my head voice a bit more. 

It was a great moment seeing that especially when Ken said that he was proud of me for how far I've come haha. 

It's been 2 years and a half with KTVA and I have grown so much vocally and musically! I am so happy to have found KTVA and am able to pull off songs like Steelheart's She's Gone. I can already pull off "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith. Have yet to attempt Dream On and that will be next on my list. :)

Vocal demo will be coming real soon when I get the whole song down (She's Gone). And I will include my before and afters as well.

Before any vocal training, after using Singing Success [before KTVA], KTVA and it's journey.

Do keep an eye out for my full review soon! (Probably by the end of the month or mid-march) I have lots of things to deal with first. ;D

Cheers!
Rayhan

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Awesome, Rayhan!

I know what you mean about life being so busy that it's hard to get the time to put together a demo sometimes!  I, too, am looking for a pause in the action to have the luxury of a little time to stop and get a snapshot of my voice.

You rock, dude!  Looking forward to hearing your demo!

Bob

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Thanks Bob! Great to hear from you again!!

Another update!

I just went jamming with my band and attempted She's Gone. I pulled off the song. The WHOLE song without stopping, cracking, breaking or whatever you call it. Just that the final last note could've been better if I had more support to sustain it longer. IT ROCKED!! I didn't get a recording though. Most likely will record when I have time!

Also, I sang She's Gone consecutively like 5-6 times or more than that. KTVA works and it ROCKS! Sang for 5 hours + today. And add in 45 minutes of warm up scales! 5 hours songs included songs like Skyfall, She's Gone, I don't wanna miss a thing, We All Die Young -Steeldragon, Kiss from a rose etc.

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!