Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from San Jose, California

I'm a guitar player and songwriter. I've been in bands for the last 20 years, doing backups and even lead in a few instances.

The thing that made me pull the trigger finally on a vocal program was that i have a home studio, a bunch of songs written in various styles, and all are waiting for good vocals. I've looked for singers to finish some of these projects, but I think I can do it myself.

I'm good with phrasing, writing, harmonies, and generally am ok with the tone of my voice.
But, I have no power, my range is limited, and I get pitchy.

I don't know anything about singing technically, never took lessons (doesn't come as a shock to anyone who has heard me). I always sang because I liked it and out of necessity - a couple of times I was the least "worst" singer in the group so took the lead role by process of elimination.

Anyways, looking forward to this. I can't wait to improve and I'm excited to get to know many of the fine folks on here. Who knows, maybe we'll collaborate on something.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Welcome, @konoba!

You will find that this program will strengthen and refine your voice like no other!

San Jose is a great place to be!  Before I came up here to Oregon, I lived in the part of town near the intersection of Branham Lane and Meridian Av. in San Jose!  Used to play at Mountain Charley's in Los Gatos regularly and at Doc Rickett's in Monterey.

Glad you're here!

Bob

• JoyceJoyce Pro Posts: 131
    Hello,
    I started the program in December to find that it is the best method I have tried so far.
    I'd love to be able to play the guitar for accompagnying myself, and I am learning to play it, but God, it's hard!
    Cheers..
  • tinaalcoracetinaalcorace Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 209

Nice to meet you @konoba

Do not be disheartened. You are making the right steps and you are definitely on the right path to developing your desired voice. Keep at it and practice will make perfection :)