Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Glottal Compression

Anyone have any tips on what kind of "test" i could use to ensure im using enough glottal compression? A friend of mine on here mentioned holding a note, ie. middle C or possibly an E, The longer you can hold it with power, a sustain an even tone/ pitch. Is this an effective way of testing it ? Thanks!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, Louis!

Good to hear from you!

That's an interesting question!

Glottal Compression is sort of an advanced topic, and not something that should be attempted by students that have not had the basics of KTVA training.

You've been here for a long time, and I believe you at least have Volume One from KTVA.  You should upgrade your forum status so you can have access to more areas of the forums, including Webinars and other free Videos that are available.  You would also have access to Forums Categories like Vocal Distortion and Glottal Compression. 

Attempting Glottal Compression techniques without the proper background could be risky, and we don't want anyone without the proper training to hurt their voices. 

Please send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com and ask to have your KTVA Forums status upgraded.  Let them know what KTVA volume(s) you have purchased.  Copy and paste into your email a copy of your purchase receipt. They will be happy to upgrade you to the appropriate level.  Then we can get a little more into some of the details of your question in a safer, more appropriate environment. 

Thanks, Louis!

Bob

• louisjameslouisjames Enrolled Posts: 125
    Hi Bob, thanlks man, I now have vol 3, and its seeming to go well so far! im continuously watching over the videos, then applying it too the audio etc, I will upgrade now! I can get through the entire CD portion, and feel good at the end of it, so i must be doing something right haha.
    I will dig out my receipt now! Thanks Bob.
    Im never Groggy Or hoarse, or feel any pain after a work out, just to give you more info!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Sounds good, Louis!

If you paid with paypal, it's really easy to find a record of your purchase.

Just log in to paypal and look up the history of your paypal account.  You can go back years if you want to.  Find the purchase (it may be listed as New Game Media) and just copy and paste that into your email to KTVA.  Tell them you are asking for an upgrade to your forums account.

That will do it!

You'll be blown away by all the videos and Forum categories you can access with your upgraded status!

When I see your status has been upgraded, I'll move this discussion into a glottal compression area!

Bob

Great thanks Bob, I think im getting it, just hard to tell sometimes! I didnt do it through pay pal, its ok ive found it anyway, i took a picture of it :)