Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi, everyone!

My name is Laura. I've been watching some of Ken's videos, and I almost fell into the SLS trap. I'm glad that I was caught in time. Ever since I've watched his clips, I've been interested. I'm looking forward to taking lessons when I'm financially able to do so, as I'm strapped for cash at this time.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, Laura.

Good for you.  Yes, there is a gigantic difference in what you will be taught at KTVA vs any other vocal method.  Most of us here escaped the SLS trap.  Fortunately we found our way to KTVA and haven't looked back since. 

Stick around and join in the fun.  It took me a long time before I felt like I could afford to purchase KTVA. 

I was glad when I took the leap.  That's when my voice really started to develop!  No regrets, other than I wish I had found KTVA earlier and gotten started sooner.

Welcome!

Bob

• LGsingLGsing Pro Posts: 61
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. All I know about my own voice is that I have more than one octave in there, can go up pretty high, and have a whistle register. I like to sing lead and have the gist of harmonies too. My goal is to develop and build all my registers chest, head, and then falsetto.
    How do you build superhead voice? Falsetto? I also am a female.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Ken has a program called Building Head Voice, that comes with the KTVA Pro Package. 

You have to complete Volumes 1, 2, and 3 before attempting Building Head Voice. 

You have to build your vocal mechanisms before you will be in shape for powerful head voice.

Bob

Thank you, Bob. Another thing I've forgotten to tell you all, is that I've always wanted to be a vocalist in a group with 2, 3,or 4 other girls.
    That dream could turn into a very successful reality if you seriously pursue it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    edited June 2014
    Hey Laura.

I think U will be impressed.

I am always strapped for cash-story of my life ;-(   ;-))

After watching many of Ken's YouTube videos on 'How to sing like' as well as watching some of his students and seeing the passion Ken has for his teaching method, I got my brother to front me the $$$.

The sooner u start the sooner u will progress!
    I can hardly wait.
    I think I'm about ready to fork it over. But first. I want to show you something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REO-mrebkbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AncW5MnQNPo My whistle tones sound really screamy, I know. I tend to be a loud singer anyways and always have been loud. My grandmother unfortunately shamed me for this and for a long time I've felt ashamed of it. But now, I'm working on recovering from it, and I'm mostly healed from the shame over my voice. Now I see that there is no such thing as a "fixed range" like my mom thinks there is.

@LGsing,

The note in your first video is whistle voice.  Sounds like an A6 and B6 towards the end of your "scream" register.  That won't come into play much in your KTVA training.

We'll be working on chest, head, and extended head.

Your second video is much more the real singing voice you will be developing.  You did a very nice job on All or Nothing.  Your natural singing voice sounds very nice, and will lend itself well to learning techniques that will build it into something you are more confident in and can rely upon to do what you want it to do.

I'm glad you're going to join the party!  And I'm also glad you didn't fall into the SLS trap.  Many of us dropped several hundred dollars into that hole and have old CD's we don't listen to anymore to show for it.  They make good coasters for the coffee table...

You're going to like what KTVA will do for your voice!

See ya soon, Laura!

Bob

edited July 2014
    The note sung in the first video came from the ad-lib in BSB's song, "All I have to give," that came after Brian's adlib that kicks in the key modulation after the breakdown. Howie D originally did it. Chances are that if I got to cover the whole song with friends. I would like likely do that ad-lib after the key change. In my training, although it won't come into play very much, may make it easier and help me learn to ease the break from chest to head and then some. I will be joining soon. Guaranteed. I feel like I'm about ready to do so.
    edited July 2014

I have just purchased the course, guys!

Welcome aboard, Laura!

Looking forward to your vocal progress! 

Congratulations!

Bob

Thank you, Bob. I'm looking forward to it, I've just gone thru clips 1-6 in volume 1.