Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

Downloads for Apple an Android devices

Hey,

Just sharing an idea. Wouldn't it be great if you could acces all the KTVA goodies on your iPhone? Last night my laptop broke and this got me thinking.

Is this realistic to consider? Because now I need to go to the library to watch the video's and then practise them at home. Also great tool to brainwash all the things Ken explains in your mind.

Michael.

Comments

• NigelNigel Administrator Posts: 138
    Hi Michael,

Good news, you CAN access the KTVA goodies on your iPhone/iPad, providing you have enough storage space.

First you need to download the Quick-Zip App from the Apple store:

Then you can download and unzip the KTVA files.  Please note that while you are downloading the zip files into your iPhone/iPad, you are using the safari browser to do so, and it might APPEAR that nothing is happening - you might get the little white spinning wheel while downloading.

Hope this helps!
  • JohnnyzDJohnnyzD Volume 1 Posts: 19
    I have 30GB free storage on my ipod touch 5G. I'm a little confused how to do this, because I've saved the KTVA volumes on my usb stick (in case my laptop breaks, which happend). If I unzip the files, I need to connect my ipod to my computer? And then? 
  • JohnnyzDJohnnyzD Volume 1 Posts: 19
    Already fixed it, thanks!
  • LenoraLenora Member, 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
    JohnnyzD said:

Already fixed it, thanks!

I know this is an old post but how did you fix it? I'm having trouble getting it onto my ipad. The quick zip that I found did not seem to work. It's not a question of space, because I have more than enough.
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Not sure what the exact issue is... are you unable to unzip the files?
    If so, try a better zip tool like WinZip. Now bear in mind that the free version may possibly have size restrictions, whereas the pro version is about $7
    Okay here’s what I did. I paid $3.99 on IPad for a program called file extractor. The Google drive would not let file extractor access the files, but then I saw an option to wirelessly connect to my desktop, which holds all files. The app gave the address to type into my pc browser (Chrome in this case) and that is how I downloaded zipped files into the app. It unzipped them, BUT the app couldn’t play the audio files.

Sooo, I uploaded the unzipped audios from my pc to my upgraded Google drive. Then I went to the iPad, accessed Google Drive, & made the audios available offline. So now it’s spread across 2 apps. Since every audio file will have to be done that way, I’m thinking of putting all extracted files on Google Drive & then putting them on the IPad. But I don’t know how much of that is legal.

Alternatively, I could learn whether Winzip could handle audios, buy Winzip, and do the extracting again, using Winzip. Then I’d jettison the files off the other extractor.

I know this is long winded, but lurkers are probably going through this, so I thought I’d put it all down.
  • That seems like an awful lot of trouble Lenora.
    Your zipper program will not play audio files. It's only purpose is to unzip folders.

Once you unzip the folders, you just copy the files that are in them, and then paste those files into the folder of your choice on your PC, iPad, etc.......or you tell the zip program where you want them extracted automatically via folder destination.

I use winzip. I just had mine automatically extracted into a specific folder that I made to contain the full course.

Once that is all done you can then listen/watch on your preferred audio/video program/app.

Peace, Tony

Yes, Tony is right. The file extractor/Winzip is simply a utility to decompress zipped files. Once those are unzipped/decompressed, you then place those files where you want them for access. You then access said audio/video files the way you normally would.

Cheers,

Phillip
    The thing is, I can only access those files handled by the unzip utility (talking iPad here) when I go through that app, where the files are (The files are not in the folder that is on the quick start bar.) Then, while in the app, I play the videos and access the PDF with ease. But the audios give me a "not supported" message. But when I made the unzipped audios available offline with Google Drive, they worked fine in the same iPad. Still do.

I tried to make some local folders in the folder app that Ipad gives you, but it seems that it will only let you make cloud folders. Now that is no problem on the PC; everything is fine and dandy, but it's a desktop and in the living area and I don't think I should compete with football and other things. LOL Just wanted to have the files available everywhere I go. :smiley: I guess my mystery is this: The audios won't play when I go through the extractor app, but they play fine when I get them from my Google drive. Strictly talking Ipad. I'm thinking the fault is somehow with the extractor, but just guessing.
  • You got me on that one. All I do is a couple of clicks, and its done. (unzipping)
    I don't use Mac products for a few reasons, but it sounds like I just found another.

At least you got it figured out.

Peace, Tony
    Well, I did a little research on the "File Extractor" in the App Store.
    It doesn't appear to "unzip" files at all, only allows you to open them and view/browse them.
    I am guessing that this is a clever data file size management measure.

To actually unzip those files so they are no longer compressed/zipped, you'll need the proper app tool. I recommend either WinZip or WinRAR.

Cheers,

Phillip
    edited January 2018
    Hmm, but they were accessible as video files within the app. (Scratching head) I mean, I watched the videos within it and read the first PDF. But you’re right. The app’s not so hot. I do appreciate your time in checking into the app & reporting back. Perhaps I can be of help to you one day. You too, Tony.

EDIT: I cannot believe I bought this thing with 16 reviews on it! I overlooked that portion. I don’t even know how many of those reviews are legitimate. I shall now give them a review of my own.
    Yeah, there were some "not so hot" reviews on it... pretty much all were similar to your experience. The app obviously has some serious limitations when it comes to letting you browse different file types.
  • MikssaMikssa Member Posts: 3
    To be honest, the connection about android and iPhone as I know is how to play iTunes movies on Android phone. Generally speaking, there is no right for us to play iTunes movies on non-Apple devices like Android phone. Since all iTunes movies are combined with fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. But now, there is a number of video converter are available on the Internet that can help us remove DRM from iTunes and convert videos from DRM-locked M4V format to DRM-free MP4 format with all audio tracks, subtitles with original quality. Maybe you can click here to learn its detail functions.
  • kassiekassie Member Posts: 2
    If you want to get movies from iTunes to Android devices, then you may find a third-party tool to help you. You could take a try of iTunes Video Converter, which can convert videos from iTunes to plain video formtas so that you can watch them on Android and other devices without any limitation.
  • DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Just load all the directories to you Google drive and, it there is no need for any conversions. Use mobile client to watch them on the go, and you can set them for offline use too.