Home Welcome

Begginner here, bought the course a while back, ready to put the time in.

aaapartsaaaparts Volume 1 Posts: 2
Hey y'all.  Jack Daniel here.  Been playing the guitar for about 5 years now.  I'm completely hooked on music, as it occupies most of my time.  Started singing about 18 months ago, and for some reason I didn't equate the steps (daily exercises, no excuses, no days off, 3-6 hours daily) that I took to become a gigging guitar player (in a relatively short time frame) with what I would need to do to become a great vocalist.  Thus I have had tons of frustration, very slow improvement and frankly a lot of haters.  Funny thing is I purchased this program about a year ago, watched it a few times and shelved it.  Now I am ready to split my 6 hours daily practice between vocal and guitar in a now excuses long term effort to become the vocalist of my dreams.  I started this morning and will continue everyday without fail.  I appreciate the time and effort that's been put into all of this and can't wait to see the improvement, no matter how long it takes.  Peace, Love, and Lightshows. 
                                                         Jack Daniel

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2014

Way to GO, @aaaparts!

It's funny how a lot of people have been popping up recently with a similar story:  "Had the program, never gave it the effort, NOW I'M READY!."

The program is SUPER-IMPORTANT, but so is YOUR COMMITMENT TO the program! 

If you put everything you've got into this in the manner you are saying you will, you will thank yourself again and again, the longer you continue to keep chugging into this process.

You're right.  Your voice is your "other" instrument, and if you're serious about learning to play it, you'll give it as much, if not more time, focus, and attention as you did to learn and begin to earn with your guitar playing.

Welcome aboard!!!

Let's do this!

Bob

• JohnnyzDJohnnyzD Volume 1 Posts: 19
    Sounds great! My story is the same as @highmtn already mentioned haha.
  •  strumzilla strumzilla Pro Posts: 6
    I need to find a way to put in the necessary time as well. 30 minute run throughs of the drills 5 days a weeks is a start, but I need to find a way to spend more time. Maybe I need to quit browsing the internet...
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

@strumzilla,

Find the time.  You only have so much.  TIME is the important element that YOU control in your vocal development, without which, you will not advance in a timely manner.

It is well worth your time to carve out a generous chunk of it to spend on your KTVA workouts and watching the videos.  You Must invest this time wisely in order to see the improvements you want.

The time has come.  Find the time.

Bob

• jrejre Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 98
    9 weeks in here..I've kind of felt like I was on a plateau these last few weeks. I have been seeing a lot about time on the forums and I am seeing how important it is. Once through the workouts is not enough.A half hr a day is not enough. We have come this far to be here and it only make sense to devote and apply ourselves 110%. And the time we spend should be good quality time..focused time. I spent a good 3 hrs today. I did each scale of volume one at least 4 times lightly until I got it with no speed bumps then I did it again. Then I did the heavy chest focus for another hr. After that I ran through track 16 and 15 lightly bridging about 3 times to warm down. I really feel like this long focused workout brought me to a higher level on my plateau and was much more productive than my usual 60 minute workouts. I'm going to work as many of these longer sessions in as possible.
  •  strumzilla strumzilla Pro Posts: 6
    Believe me, I understand the value of time spent. I need to practice four instruments and vocals at least five days a week, and I usually reach that goal but it can be a challenge. I would love to give more time to vocals, and I'm trying to do that at least on the weekends, but I can't neglect my other instruments. Not to mention I work full time and run 5 days a week as well. Busy is good! My ultimate goal is recording albums, and I want to possess all the tools I need to do that. It will just take me longer to progress on the separate disciplines, but that's okay. I love the day to day practice and incremental improvements.
  • jrejre Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 98
    @strumzilla
    Sounds like a full and tasty plate. Good luck to you!