Home Vocal Health and Wellness

I need more assurance

Well!!I am eighteen years of age!!I am dedicated!!I have not enrolled yet...but I'm considering it!!I have watched the videos!!gone through the reviews!!and I think I'm ready!!if I work hard!!and try really hard!!will I get results!!please assure me!!I don't know what its like to breathe from the stomach and use my lungs and all those things people say!!and yet I want to!!CAN I?

Comments

• ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    edited August 2014
    Yep. *insert frantically enthusiastic cheerleaders*
  • laurynkarungi96laurynkarungi96 Member Posts: 28
    How long do you think it would take?if I put in all my effort!I'd like to have a voice as strong as jenipher hudson!!I didn't think it was possible because I have a way lower vocal range than she does!!but ktva seems to make it possible!!is it?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2014

Hi, @laurykarungi96!

I'm always glad to see someone with a lot of enthusiasm here!!!

Someone that uses even more exclamation marks than I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragnar is right.  Yep.

But to be clear...  This is a lot of work.  It does take a lot of dedication and a LOT of practice on scales and learning proper breathing, as well as a ton of other stuff.  But when you apply these techniques, you will find that your voice will grow in ways you never expected it could.

I assure you, if you will listen to Ken and do exactly as he instructs you, your voice will grow like CrAzY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take time, effort, and focused practice.  There are many here on the forums that can help you with your questions and listen to your demos as you work your way through the program.  It's totally up to you and how much energy you put into your pursuit of vocal progress that will determine how far you can take your voice.  The sky is the limit.

Everybody starts somewhere.  You may already be good at singing, or you may not be able to hit a single note.  Wherever you are, that is your starting point, and from there it is a journey that will last you the rest of your singing life.  As long as you continue to do the exercises and study the information, you will continue to grow and to advance. 

This is the real method to take your voice to the limits.  It's not instantaneous, and it's not super-easy.  It's real....

Come on, we're ready to help you along!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: ^ )

Bob

wow...i am glad that u replied.....the time u have for the people here!!hahhahah woooww u really like using exclamation marks...i am from uganda...THEE PEARL OF AFRICA.....and im sure im the first to use this .......am I?i want to be able to sing really good...right now im okay..with a lovely alto....but i want to have power..in my voice...i am going to work hard but i guess i need someone to push me because i am not much of a hardworker....although i have determination...but i guess i will pull through...so how will i know how to send demos..i dont even know how to do that....how will i know that i am getting better??will i just know or should i also get a teacher from around my country just to see if im gaining progress....
    and then the guy who had a testimony from here..i havent gotten his name but he sung a cover of darkhorse in a million voices...it sounded like a recording....and even the girl who sung gucci gucci yaya daadaaa...hahahhahahha i dont know the name of the song really....ive also seen her singing both in a lesson and something else in a recording...she sounds different when she was singing someone like u...and when she sung gucci gucci yaya daadaaa(keepinmindidontknowtherealtitle) so was that her real voice or just a recording with some auto tune
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited August 2014

@laurykarungi96,

KTVA singers don't need autotune, unless they want to use it to make them sound like a robot for effect.

Ken NEVER uses autotune, neither does any other KTVA student that I know of.  If you can really sing, autotune is not needed.

I'm not sure how many students we have from Uganda, but we do have students from all over the world, and I think there may very well be some from Uganda.

This method of singing will certainly build power into your voice.  You WILL have to work hard for this, though.  There is just no getting around that.  You may find it easier to work hard for something you really, really want, though.  YOU will be the determining factor in how far you take this.  You must know that's true...  There is no magic pill, or easy "secrets" that will give you the voice you want.  YOU have to find the right method and then APPLY that through lots of Correct Practice.  You will not wake up one day and be able to sing without learning and practicing.  The world just doesn't work that way.

Your determination will carry you through if you decide you really want to improve your voice.  The Sky is the Limit if you will make it your goal!

The good news is that this is the right stuff.  You could waste your money on promises from other methods that are all fluff.  If you pay attention, do your exercises faithfully, every day, six days a week, your voice WILL grow like CRAZY!!!!!

You get the course, you practice like crazy, and then every few weeks you record yourself on your computer or iphone and upload the file to Soundcloud.  Then you copy and paste the url (internet address) for the file here on the forums in a posting, like the Demo Area for Newbies section.  We click on your link to your file and listen to a demo of you doing a KTVA exercise and we tell you what you need to adjust to get it right.  Then you practice the things we asked you to correct.  In a few weeks, after making corrections, you post again.

You can do live vocal lessons with Ken Tamplin via Skype from Uganda.  Ken gives lessons to students from all over the world.

I'm not sure who was singing Gucci Gucci yaya daadaa.... but if it was Gabriela Guncikova, Tina Alcorace, Sonika McKey, or Sara Loera, I can tell you that none of them need autotune.  They all make professional recordings, but they also do live recordings with Ken Tamplin and they have powerful, professional voices.  They are all students of KTVA. 

You will know that you are getting better by the way that your voice grows.  Yes, you will just know, because the difference will be surprising to even you.  It will take time and effort, but your improvement will continue for as long as you continue to work the exercises diligently.  You will also know you are improving if you submit demos and make corrections based on the feedback you get.  Eventually, the feedback will be less critical if you make the corrections and keep making improvements.  You will be able to sing notes and songs that you have previously not been able to manage.  You will hear your tone improving.  You will find power that you never accessed before. 

There is no magic pill.  There is a path that takes you on a journey to your new singing voice.  A long journey that starts with the first step!!!

Good Singing to You!!!

Bob

And what's wrong if I practice seven days a week?okaay!!no auto tune!!I believe that!seven days a week? Six hours each day!!is that possible!!if I want to?I mean I have to time because I just got done with high school and I have nothing to do for the next nine months of my life!although I had a band I wanted to join in march next year!!but that's too little time for me to sing really okay!!so I guess I have to pussh!I'm glad I found u early!!and I hope that I can come to the reall academy some day!!and perform for the students a jenipher hudson song or a jessie J!I'm into that kind of music!!but even if I learn to sing like a rock star and sing those high notes!I will be amazed!!in about six years,I have an audition for a singing competition thats a major big deal here in east africa and I thought I'd never make it!I prayed to God on sunday and that's when I found this academy ....on tubidy .com actually!!I was downloading many how to sing better videos until I saw one of ken tamplins and decided to check it out!!this dude is all over the internet!!I feel like it was God doing this!and I'm grateful to him for finding you!so I am going to practtice and I hope that if a I practice every day seven days a week for six hours then by the time of the audition,the judges will not believe their ears!!I have not yet gotten all the money for the download because its a little pricy but I'm sure I will!!I'm going to get a loan because my parents do not support me at all!infact they plan to throw me out of the house if I ever pursued music as a carreer!!and I barely have any qualifications for a job here!!my final exams end on the 26th of november!!so I think I'd have gotten my small loan by then!!and then enthusiastically by the course!I want it shipped!!although I don't know if it will reach safely
    jason → Ken Tamplin
    Hey ken I just started doing volume 1... you explained something about stretching the chest voice as much as I can before I hand it off to head voice. it seems like there isnt exercise to stretch chest voice in volume 1... does it come out on volume 2? and another thing.. will my passagio or passage way which is my mixed voice as i keep doing the exercises to produce mixed voice, will it sound strong later that it sounds like my actual chest voice??
    I also saw that on kens page and he didn't answer!!how can some one tell me to expand my chest voice yet I don't even know how to do it??or what it feels like for my chest voice to be expanded??or what it sounds like?there are no excercises??to help us push!!I don't even know what a chest voice is

You have a lot of questions.  We can more easily answer one at a time. Most of the answers are simple.  Some are not so simple. 

You can practice as much as you are led to do.  If you start getting hoarse, you need to back off.  Most students do not get hoarse, unless they oversing.

When you enroll in KTVA, you get greater access to more sections of the forums.  There is an entire category called "Getting Started".  There you get a lot of information about what to do first, and how to go about it.  The very first post in "Getting Started" explains how to begin stretching chest voice, and how to also go about learning to connect chest voice to head voice properly.  You will learn what chest voice, head voice, and mixed voice are.

The exercises in Volume 1 can be done in both modes: stretching chest voice and also in bridging to head voice mode.

Volume 2 and Volume 3 both have specific exercises for Stretching Chest voice, Bridging into head voice, and also for blending both voices together.  There is also a module called Building Head Voice that is a real challenge and teaches you to sing the REALLY HIGH NOTES.

I don't know what kind of audition you will have in about six years, but if you get started any time soon, you're going to knock their socks off!!!

So, to summarize, do not panic.  It's all good.

The sooner you start, the sooner you will begin to grow your voice.

Bob

Sorry aboutt the questions!!I will go to the getting started section as soon as now!!I'm sorry about the many questions though!!but thank you

You don't have to apologize.  You have a lot to learn, so questions are natural, and excitement is good!

Looking forward to hearing your voice.

Bob

I dont have all the money!!but can I purchase one volume at a time?and how!?how much is the whole course though?

Yes, you can purchase one volume at a time.  I think it's less expensive overall if you buy the complete course.  I believe you can also buy the complete course on a two-payment plan.

The course is also available in several different languages, but you would have to check to see exactly which ones.

I think if you follow this link and click on "Buy Now" it will take you to a place where you can see different options for purchasing.  You won't have to actually buy anything if you don't give it a credit card or paypal account.  You can just look at some of the options available.  Then you can think about it and decide what you want to do and when you can do it. 

http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/

I have just discovered something!!there's. A gold course and an ordinary one!!what's the difference apart from live lessons?I want that!!are the lessons on skype or do I have to meet with him

I believe you get a significantly low rate for the lessons with the Gold package deal, less than the lessons would cost separately.

The lessons are done via Skype.  You'll meet him on your computer screen.  It works great.

Bob

Oh!!so if I download the gold course do I get the whole package including the how to sing like a rock star!how to gain confidence the volumes the pro packs the licks and tricks?!what do I get in the gold course generally?plus I have no pay card but can I use someone elses paycard like my parents or my friends pay card(if I have the permission to use it ofcourse)

The Gold package is a Pro Package (which has varied from time to time) plus the lessons that are included with the price.  So it really depends on what is included in the Pro Package at the time you make your purchase.  The Pro Package does have a lot of additional content, including webcam lessons with several KTVA students like Gabriela Guncikova, Sara Loera, and Sonika McKee that you can watch and learn from, as well as many other videos.  It just depends on when you purchase what the present content will be.  It always includes KTVA Volumes 1, 2, and 3. 

As to the pay card, your parents could make the purchase, that is done quite a lot, or anyone who wants to make the purchase on your behalf.  You give an email address for the downloads and that is where the links to the download are sent, so if your parents made the purchase and gave your email address, you would be able to download the links to your own computer. 

Bob

What are gabriellas usernames in this forum!!I want to check out their page
    As well as sara!!I already foubd sonika
    As well as sara!!I already foubd sonika
    edited August 2014

Sara and Gabriela are two excellent KTVA Students that don't happen to hang out here at the forums, but you can access their facebook pages by searching facebook for Sara Loera and Gabriela Guncikova.

Another fabulous diva that IS here on the forums from time-to-time, and in fact is a moderator here, is Tina Alcorace.  Check her out on YouTube.

Sonika is also a fabulous singer and is also a moderator here at the KTVA forums. Have you checked out Sonika's videos on YouTube?

Bob

I have checked all of sonikas!!amaaazzzziiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!!she is gorgeous!!although I'm sure she still has more years to practice with a higher level now!!I don't know why I believe that she can go lower and even higher!!I've seen her sing beneath your beautiful!!and she didn't sing the low notes but rather changed em!!I don't know if maybe its because she doesn't want to!!or because she finds it difficult!!I don't know!!but I have checked them out!!I hang out here a lot!!on the forum!!anyway I'm going to check out sara and gabriella!!
    Oh by the way one day I want to come to the real studio of ktva and record a song!!when my voice has grown!!should I send u a link to my instagram so that u see some video of me singiing!!and tell me what u think!!I just want ur opinion!!that's my raw voice!!but I want to know if I am badly oFf!
    And have u heard of the fifth harmony?
    Btw is the whistle register only for specifics?or can I learn to sing it too!with ease
    edited August 2014

Whistle is not something that is taught by KTVA, as it's not an important part of everyday singing.  Many KTVA students can access their whistle register, but it's not something you use for much besides showing off.

Yes, I've heard of Fifth Harmony.  : ^ )

The studio where Ken has been recording is Costa Mesa Studios, located in Costa Mesa, California.  Ken is not always in California, but periodically is in L.A. from time-to-time for various projects. 

You can send a link any time you want.  Everybody has to start somewhere, and from there they can improve. 

Bob

Hahaha!!ofcourse I want to show off!!when I'm very good at it!so I also want to learn that too!!but ofcourse I have to learn the others too!!but yes yes!!I want to use the whistle register too!!so now how can I learn it if u guys don't teach it!!argh!! Please just go check out @miss_rwomushana on instagram!!then u will see my latest video!!if its not too much to ask

Could you perhaps put this on soundcloud?  I got this message trying to access it here:

Whoops!

User not found.

Thanks.

Bob