Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

I'm new around here. Should I buy KTVA?

Hello Everyone,
I am 18 years old and I've only started to sing about 8 months ago, when my dad complimented me on my singing.
I am naturally gifted with a strong low register. However, my middle register is OK, and my high register is just plain bad. My middle and high register needs to be worked on...
Since rock music is what I love the most, I wish to be able to sing high and powerful.
My voice is influenced by David Coverdale, Paul Rodgers, Ian Gillan, David Byron, DIO etc.
I am a fairly strong singer when it comes to guys like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison etc.

Here are some of my vocal covers so you can hear me sing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C66lE-srA3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ycHzK_DHRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h_H69SzGUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H1n-x3bUbs

The highest song I can sing the whole way through is Smoke On The Water, so that should kind of give you an idea of where I'm at..
My friend bought volume 1 and let me share with him. I've used it for about 2 weeks and it definitely makes my voice feel good and worked out.
I'm thinking about getting volume 2, work on it for months till I feel that I'm ready for volume 3. Do you guys think that it would be a good idea?
Will I be able to access my high register, and use it powerfully with this course?

Thanks for your time.
- Amer

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, @AmerBosnjak,

Of course if you come to the KTVA forums and ask if you should buy KTVA, the answer you should expect is YES!  If you were to ask that at a forum hosted by another vocal coach they will tell you to buy their course.

We are all here because we bought KTVA and after that we did not need any of the other courses that many of us have taken.  The other courses did not work.  KTVA will grow your voice.  You've already experienced that from your borrowing of Volume One.  You know it works.

I would recommend that you buy the bundle, and do it while it's on sale, before the price goes back up.

The bundle includes much more information and many more videos than just the Three Volumes by themselves.  You will pay almost as much for the two discs you don't have as you will for the entire KTVA bundle at the sale price.  You won't qualify for the ProPack bundle by buying only Volumes 2 and 3.

That's just my recommendation. 

The other Volumes will put you through the paces and grow your range.  The advanced lessons in the Pro Videos section of the forums will take you even higher.  Another part of the ProPack is Building Head Voice, which will not come with the three individual Volumes.

You have a great low range, and you pull off the Jim Morrison song quite well.  If you want to grow your voice beyond that range, you should consider the ProPack Bundle.  If you only get the Three Volumes, that's OK.  That's all they had when I started with KTVA, and it did grow my voice.  I'm just glad to have all of the additional information and training that has come out since Ken expanded the package to fulfill many of the requests he was getting.  The Bundle is the best deal. 

Good Singing to You!

Bob

• AmerBosnjakAmerBosnjak Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help, Bob!
  • rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    Not what you probably want to hear, but I really enjoyed your Frank Sinatra song...  I say that because I like to sing songs that are sometimes not well-suited for me... but I still like to sing them.
  • guitardudeguitardude Pro Posts: 10
    I agree with what Bob said. If you're serious about developing range, quality and power in your voice, you should enroll in KTVA. Ken is a gifted singer and more importantly, a gifted teacher so you too can learn how to grow your voice and expand your range of stylistic expression. That's always a good thing in my book.