Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

On my way!

dramakingdramaking Member Posts: 8
edited February 2015 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi everyone.
I have been using the XYZ Brand XXX XXx programme but wasn't happy with the results, so after seeing Ken Tamplin's amazing vocals thought: this guy sure sounds like he knows how to sing!
I have been singing for decades both professionally and for the sheer fun of it, but always wanted to take my voice to the next level. I have always been a high baritone but yearned to be a rock tenor; inspired by the show Jesus Christ Superstar and the fabulous tenor parts of Jesus and Judas.
I also sing in a covers band and the range we cover includes Queen, Dolly Parton and Bruno Mars to name 3!
I have worked through the exercises for a few months now and find them amazing, and while I am doing the course my voice feels unbelievable!
Alas I have hit a brick wall! :-(
I cannot translate the phenomenal voice I have during the lessons into my live sets. I continually revert back to my old ways or I sound strangled/drowned which is all that the XYZ lessons left me with.
Could anyone please please please please help me find the key to unlock my true vocal potential!?

Comments

• dramakingdramaking Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone help please?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hi, @dramaking!

I don't know why your post slipped by the other day. 

You should copy and paste your receipts for your KTVA purchase(s) into an email to ktvaforums@gmail.com and request a forums upgrade.  Also include your username here on the forums.

With your "member" status you are unable to see a lot of categories on the forums.  There is one called applying KTVA methods to Songs.  You should read all of those posts and then post there with your particular issues.  We'll be happy to help you, once you've read all of those existing questions and answers. 

There are also portions in the KTVA lessons on the same topic.  Be sure to go over those, as well.

There are a lot of bonus videos and webinar recordings that your additional forums access will provide.

Get started with that, and then we can maybe hear some demos after you've started doing some of the things that are listed in the existing Q and A's.

All the Best!

Bob

Where is the applying KVTA methods to songs please?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

It's here http://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/applying-ktva-methods-to-songs

but you won't be able to access it until you do what I asked you to do in my post above, to request a forums upgrade.

You will also find information to help you sing songs in the Bonus materials of ProPack 2A, 3A, and 3B.

Bob

I was given the KTVA as a download from a friend and he says he hasn't got any receipts etc.
    Is there anything else I can do?
    edited February 2015

Your friend can get copies of the receipts from their payment method, i.e. if it was paypal, they just go into their paypal account and access their account history.  It's all there. 

That, however, won't get you access to their privileges.  This forum is not here to support folks that got KTVA as an unauthorized free copy of someone else's download. 

Receipts are required to gain access to the student areas.  If you have extenuating circumstances you can contact ktvahelp@gmail.com and explain your situation.

Thanks.

Bob

How do I book a video/Skype lesson with Ken?
    I feel bad that I obtained the singing programme without contributing to it's up-keep.
  • guitardudeguitardude Pro Posts: 10
    I think your next steps are to buy the course and to work the program. There is help for you but you have to do the right things first.
    Why do I feel like I'm being scolded?!
    I thought this would be a very welcoming forum with like-minded singers who wanted to HELP others.
    Who among you would not have accepted a gift of KTVA?
    I would never have introduced myself here if I knew my download wasn't kosher!
    I have been following the course and have the benefits you all have and are probably having the same problems that some of you may have had too.
    Si thanks guitardude for your pearls of advice, I suppose you have never made a mistake in your whole life?!

@dramaking,

This is a very welcoming and supportive forum.  Many students stay here for years for the support and camaraderie.  If you purchase the KTVA package, there are tons of information provided to you, over and above the DVD lessons at no additional cost.  If only your friend had actually purchased the copy he gave you.  It is possible that he may not have purchased his own copy, either.

The additional information and help is all here for those who buy the program.  You now have access to the public portion of the forums, and you are welcome here.  Without purchasing the appropriate parts of the program, the general public does not have access to KTVA students-only portions.

There are incredibly generous amounts of videos and information in the students-only areas that the public cannot see unless and until they purchase the program.  The public portion of the KTVA forums is only a fraction of what is here.  There are whole sections on every part of the KTVA lessons.

There are over 70 detailed, new, advanced Video lessons if you buy the PRO package, and those are available only through the PRO Forums access.  No additional cost.  FREE when you purchase the Pro Program.

There isn't a better buy anywhere on how to grow an incredible voice. 

We walk many customers through, step-by-step, on how to get from where you are to where you want to be.

You've seen already how much KTVA can build your voice. 

Without scolding you, I would encourage you to buy the Pro Package and take advantage of all the additional benefits that you will get.  You don't have to feel like you are being scorned.  Everybody that asks for a forums upgrade is asked to show their receipt.  You are welcome to join and enjoy the benefits.  It's just that it's not for free.  It's a free bonus with a paid admission. 

In answer to your question, you can book a lesson with Ken by writing to ktvahelp@gmail.com

I wish you only the best!

Bob

Thanks Bob.
    I am not a very wealthy person but I am looking into buying the original KTVA package.
    I would also love a lesson with the maestro to make sure I am on the right path.
    edited February 2015

I took a long time before I felt like I could afford KTVA, too.  I found that I was able to work it into my budget, and I started enjoying the benefits of my voice growing after I finally broke down and bought it.  It wasn't easy spending the money, and I was afraid I couldn't afford it.  I waited a YEAR, being too "broke" until I just bought it, and I found that it didn't break me any worse to purchase KTVA.

I realized after buying it that I should have bought it immediately.  I'm still not rich, but man, can I ever sing better!

I'm glad  that you are looking into buying into the program.  You won't regret it. 

Bob 

• johnjohn johnjohn Pro Posts: 99
    dramaking wrote: 
    "I cannot translate the phenomenal voice I have during the lessons into my live sets."

I had this issue too, for quite sometime, especially when attempting to apply what I'd learned from KTVA, during live shows.  The fact is, those old, bad habits that many of us have effectively burned into our muscle memory over the years, are really difficult to break free of. Since in a lot of instances, they took years to become so ingrained, it's hardly surprising that it may take quite a long time to for us to completely lose them.  
    That said, if you persevere - over time and with diligent practice, you'll find yourself gradually leaving those nasty old habits way behind you, in the dust, where they belong!

I still have moments onstage, where I sometimes find myself reverting back to poor technique, for whatever reason, but those moments are becoming rarer as I continue to improve and burn my new-found vocal wisdom into my psyche.

Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes, so, keep up the daily practice, keep the faith, and you will attain incredible results.

All the best,

John