Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

My First Demo: Thinking Out Loud

matt53matt53 Pro Posts: 189
Hey this is my first time posting a demo of my singing on the forum so I chose a song my girlfriend really liked and I was learning anyway. I know in some spots it needs polishing but that's why I'm here haha
Anyway, I would REALLY appreciate any feedback with this being my first time posting my singing here.

Comments

• rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    @matt53:

One thing I noticed is that it seems that you seem to be rushing the phrases sometimes.  Most noticeable in the very beginning two verses, up to "Darling I..."  Timing and "listening comfort" for the listener is pretty important in my opinion.  You've probably heard the term "in the pocket".  I don't quite get the sensation that you're there, which sort of takes away from the performance.

I thought your tone was enjoyable, and pitch was pretty good, with a couple exceptions here and there.

• matt53matt53 Pro Posts: 189
    Thanks. I probably have problems with the phrasing because truth be told I am NOT a fan of this song and have only heard it a few times. As for my pitch, I can hear where I need a bit of work also but thanks alot for the feedback.
  • rcrosierrcrosier Pro Posts: 275
    That would do it.  :)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    More support.  That will help to bring those notes that are just a skoshe flat up to pitch.  You're cruising along just a little low for being spot-on with your pitch in general.  

Also keeping the tone a little brighter will also help to be more pitch-accurate. 

This is a hard song.  You did a pretty good job on it, really. 

Bob
    Thanks Bob. I appreciate the feedback and I'll work more on support and brightening my vowels and redo it when I have the time.
    I think I know what you mean by the "reediness." I wasn't trying to belt it out but was doing it in kind of a "headier" tone. I think if I put more chest into the upper notes and brightened the vowels with more support it would sound better. Thanks for the feedback though.