Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Ripped my digestive track

So quick question for you all!

I apparently ripped the walls of my digestive track...not from doing these vocal exercises, but some thirty party fun.... The symptoms suck. It causes a decent amount of lower abdominal pain and I basically spend an hour a day in the bathroom....but that aside, I feel like practice my voice practice is agitating it just because of the support. I wonder if it would be wise to take some time off to let my digestive track heal a little bit...the doctor didn't really say much about it, but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any suggestions, knowledge or experience with this kind of thing.

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    I think you need to take a big rest and let your body heal... completely. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, but you must take care of yourself and take it easy for a while.  Give your body whatever time it takes to recover from your issues.  

The doctor probably knows little, if anything about singing or support, so he wouldn't have much of an idea of what you are asking him. 

You just don't want to take a chance.  I don't know the nature of your injury, but I would err on the side of caution. 

Take this time to review some of the hundreds of hours of KTVA video available to you in your ProPack and on the PRO FORUMS VIDEOS. 

Heal... Get well.  Then come back and sing... and avoid third-party fun if it causes problems to your well-being.

All the Best, my friend!

Bob
  • Options
    cgglydecgglyde Pro Posts: 109

highmtn said:

and avoid third-party fun if it causes problems to your well-being.

All the Best, my friend!

Bob
    lol thanks Bob.