Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

Hansi kurch Blind guardian

Please can anybody tell me what technice hansi kurch use in mordred song live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHHw6keAbY

Comments

• Options
    Please can anybody tell me what technice hansi kurch use in mordred song live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHHw6keAbY

Hi Mate!, I have the impression that in the beginning he is emphasizing his head voice.

The guy added after some distortion to his voice.

Overall I would say that is a vocal projection of his voice mostly headvoice

Also I have the feeling that it obscures their sound from time to time to give that "medieval touch".

My two cents,

Cheers!
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    He is singing with a lot of support when he sings in the lower chest voice.  When he goes to his upper mids, he's using more support, holding back the breath, and compressing to keep his voice from breaking up. 
  • Options
    highmtn said:

He is singing with a lot of support when he sings in the lower chest voice.  When he goes to his upper mids, he's using more support, holding back the breath, and compressing to keep his voice from breaking up. 

Bob, is he mostly using head voice? What do you think?
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    A lot of this he's singing in a relatively low chest voice. At places like 2:17 he's in more of a mixed voice. There is a hint of head voice, but it's still compressed chest as well. At 2:47 it's a headier mix, almost all timbral head, but there's a hint of chest. 4:36, again, is mostly head.
  • Options
    highmtn said:

A lot of this he's singing in a relatively low chest voice. At places like 2:17 he's in more of a mixed voice. There is a hint of head voice, but it's still compressed chest as well. At 2:47 it's a headier mix, almost all timbral head, but there's a hint of chest. 4:36, again, is mostly head.

Great, nice to know that I am differentiating the types of sounds on the right track.
    Thanks for the reply.