Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

My "Before" Voice

Hi everyone! Here is my reference recording for before i started KTVA :) I just started doing volume 1 but recorded this just before that. i Hope to to better recordings in a few weeks :)

This is one verse and the part with the "high note" of Love hurts.
Here i sing within my comfort zone, one octave lower than original. In chest voice only, i would sing this around people i know without being a shamed but as you can hear its a little weak and flutey.

And here i attempt my goal. the orignal key and octave but without distortion (i want to learn distorion). I realy have to fight here to make some noice and its not pretty. I would never sing like this around anny one.

Even tho i know it sucks already, im here to learn so feel free to comment och what you think i should focus on to improve this song. I will start building support and chestvoice right away with volume one. So see you in that part of the forum soon :)

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Thanks for posting your "before", Alois. You are correct, that you need to begin by building support and starting to stretch your chest voice.

This is a really tough song to tackle. Expect to do a lot of work to be able to belt it.
    I heard E5's in there, and most of the song sits at B4, A4, and G4 as the "easy" notes.

You've got your work cut out for you.

Let's get the basics going for you, first. That's where your range and power will come from. Start with the foundation, getting it solid. We'll worry about the "roof" a bit later, after the foundation, the framework, and getting a lot of the basics squared-away.

The best way to see how you're doing will be to send in your basic LAH scales. Everything builds from there.

All the Best.

Bob
  • Options
    AloisAlois Pro Posts: 50
    Tanks Bob illa make sure ro record The scales as soon as have done them a few Times!
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Great. Looking forward to your progress!