Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Vacation problems- is there a way I can keep my voice up or do I need to take a break?

So I went home for christmas and New Years this year which is great because I haven't seen my family in 2 years....the downside is however that they have tons of pets and I have lots of allegies and asthma....so I tried doing my vocal workout and just by being in that environment I lost 6 notes off my chest.....It seems pointless

I struggle to breath so when I go to sing every note feels like it's sucking the life out of me...when I do my scales I can only sing one line and then need to stop for the next two scales before rejoining.....it's just terrible. I wonder if I should even bother practicing I don't like the idea of not practicing especially since I have a lesson with Ken when I get back....but it feels fruitless, feels awful and is absolutely not fun...suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    You aren't going to have much success singing in that environment of allergens. Enjoy seeing your family, but realize that if you are allergic to their pets, you are going to have issues with singing.

Bob
  • Options
    cgglydecgglyde Pro Posts: 109
    yeah it's been unfortunate...is this something weird I shouldn't even bother practicing then?
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    If the allergies are causing you to choke up like you say they are, it sounds like you can't really do workouts without experiencing terrible setbacks.