Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

I cant seem to hit a good c5

sorry if it sounds horrible but i must ask because in these two clips i try to sing a c5 but if i use my chest voice it feels like im pushing too much and then when i use falsetto it doesnt sound so rich and full.
What can i practice to improve that the tone sounds better?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Slayer1990.

Males singing C5's in chest voice requires training of the entire voice, in every way. It can take months or even years to get to a quality chest voice C5, depending on the exercises and methods you are using.

My suggestion is Start at the beginning of the KTVA Pro Pack on Volume One, and practice every day, following Ken's instructions.

You need to build your voice, and that will take time and the correct methods.

If you sing the LAH exercises in Ken's YouTube videos on the LAH vowel, singing progressive triad scales is a better way to give us an idea where your voice is really at. You are using a lot of force on your voice in your short clip. That could cause you to damage your voice.

It takes months of following specific, detailed methods to get your voice to a healthy, sustainable ability to sing C5's. Once you get there, you find that D5's aren't all that hard. Getting to C5 is a bear. There is no short answer to that question.

Are you doing Ken's program?

All the Best.

Bob