Home Welcome

Hi from Italy

doopdoop Pro Posts: 7
edited February 2016 in Welcome
Hi everyone, really excited to start this course. I introduce myself: I've been singing for more than 10 years, I've my Youtube channel been taking some lessons here and there and followed a couple of courses (insert world-famous singing courses here). Or, better said, I started a couple of courses but never brought to an end cause there was always a moment during the path I felt a little bit lost. I can't say I didn't notice some results but there was always a moment I got the impression of doing things wrong or being hitting a ceiling. What got me from the first second when watching the KTVA previews were the sense of "completeness".

I'm going to follow Ken's tip and forget all I learned. I got my hands on (insert famous vocal method here) but I'll try to ignore that too. My only perplexity concerns the style: I sing in a folkish, very mellow style, but when I have to give some gas (think head voice à la Damein Rice or the high notes James Bay's singing) I feel unprepared and I try and go down with the capo. That's why I decided to "enroll". Anyway I sometimes get the impression that the predominant style/models are more hard rock-ish/heavy metal singers. Am I wrong ?

Uff, sorry for writing so long, I'll try and get a life :smile:

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited February 2016
    @doop,

Well, we don't talk about those other courses here, because they just don't really work when it's all said and done. Talking about them just confuses the issue, because they all conflict with what Ken teaches. I did those courses too, hit the same ceilings, and I never looked back after finding Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. This one works.

This course will give you the tools you need to sing any style.

The reason that so much attention is given to the rock style and KTVA is because other courses just CAN'T teach safe rock singing like Ken Tamplin can and does. So KTVA Stands Out as the premier Rock Vocal singing lessons. What a lot of people miss out on by focusing on that is that Ken's students also stand out in all other fields of singing.

If you want to be the best that you can be, whatever your style, KTVA is the place to be.

You can look at the pictures in the expensive book you bought, but forget the notions and technique. It's TOTAL garbage. Don't try to incorporate ANY of those other techniques. They will only confuse you and set you back on your journey.

I checked out your youtube vocals, you've done some nice work. Ken's techniques will give you more tools to work your magic with.
    : ^)

Looking forward to your progress!
    Welcome!

Bob
  • doopdoop Pro Posts: 7
    Hi Bob, and thanks for the welcome :) Sorry if I violated some rules quoting the other methods, didn't know about that. Anyway I'll follow your advice and ignore other stuff :) Glad you liked the videos, lot of work to do anyway and looking forward to get these tools.

Will start exploring the forum, lot of catch up to do.
    Have a great day,

Anthony
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354