Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Destination, not the journey... Procrastination, in a hurry!

Hi, my name is Dave. I'm here to learn how to sing correctly.

I love to write and record my own songs (daveshowmusic.com) and to sing along with my favorite vocalists in my car. Unfortunately my performance on my recordings of original songs sound amateur and when I record myself singing along with my favorites, its surprisingly awful!

Stone Temple Pilots are holding open auditions for a new front man for the band, so I recorded myself singing two of their songs and that's kind of been my wake up call. They weren't total disasters, but they weren't good. Amateur.

I want to sound like I have a clue of how to do this, like I do with the other instruments that I play. I can tell someone that I'm a singer and sing for them on the spot.

I'm also in the process of learning how to make my recordings better. I already learned how to do internet marketing for musicians. I just want to make sure my products are legit. I'm confident in my songwriting ability, I'm working backwards here!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @Dave_Show,

Everybody starts somewhere, and deciding you want to improve is a solid step towards actually getting there.

Everybody here will most likely tell you that solid technique is a "must-have" to get a solid basis from which to grow your voice.

You came here for the same reasons we all did. To get better.

Nice to have you here!

Bob