Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello everyone, who am I?

Hey fellow singers and future performers, my name is Eric Richey, and I'm about to become a college student. I have always had a passion for music, ever since I was about five or six years old, I would listen to Andrea Bocelli on my way to elementary school. My goal with the Vocal Academy is to be able to have control over my voice, in both the low, middle, and high end. Unfortunately, I have conformed to the idea of vocal classification, and I would like to be able to break out of that mindset to realize that for my fellow guys, we have the capability of developing tenor, baritone, and bass qualities to our voices. I may be wrong, but I just want to be able to sing beautifully in the style of Tom Jones, and Luther Vandross, yet also with the rock-influenced Freddie Mercury, and Michael Bolton. I would appreciate your welcome and support, as well as I would like to offer encouragement to those who may experience a vocal plateau here and there. We are all on a mission to become outstanding vocalists, and I'm excited to be a member. Thank You.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hello, @eRichey72!

Nice to meet you. Please fasten your seatbelt and move your seat and tray table to the full upright positions. Prepare for liftoff.

You are about to embark on a journey to learn the full extents of your vocal capabilities, and it's going to be a long journey... one that will last you the rest of your singing life. It doesn't end with a few exercises, and presto, you're done. It goes on and on and your improvement continues for as long as you strive to make yourself better, using Ken's techniques.

It's good to have you on board. Get ready to break all of your previous mindsets about singing, and prepare to start making some serious sounds!

Bob
  • eRichey72eRichey72 Pro Posts: 13
    @highmtn
    Thank you Bob for your warm welcome, I have practiced the majority of Volume 1 exercises for about two weeks, but now it's time to get serious, I will post a video or recording soon involving my movement through one of the scales, as I am a bit uncertain about the passaggio and how far I can stretch my chest voice. (I'm certain my second passaggio is approximately A4)
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Cool. A4 is a very respectable secondo passagio.
  • seekerseeker Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 83
    what the hell ? A4 ? you must be a freaking high tenor!
    Mine is at G4 pretty much
  • eRichey72eRichey72 Pro Posts: 13
    @seeker @highmtn
    I'll post a recording doing one of the vowel scales today so you guys can tell me what you think! Haha