Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

Video AND Audio Software Recorder for Youtube, Question

MwightMwight Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
Hey everyone,

I want to record video on youtube with audio. Problem is that youtube doesn't have a software that records you doing things via webcam anymore. I don't have a lot of money right now, and I'm not looking to produce professional grade videos just yet. All I really need is something to sing with, play guitar with, and be able to record myself doing it at the same time. So people actually seeing and hearing me play. This way I could test the waters on youtube, but also be able to post videos here to get advice on form and what I'm doing wrong, what I need to improve on.

I would have thought this would be simple since youtube just took your webcam and mic and recorded you, but I can't find any resources on this that don't take the extra step saying you need a camera, something to process what the camera is reading, then process the audio, then edit the audio.

Lastly, free software is great, but If there is some equipment that does this function well, I really want to know about it or them.

Comments

• kaulferskaulfers Pro Posts: 300
    @Mwight,

Give us a breakdown of the gear you have right now, what webcam, and your system specs. Do you have a smartphone?

Are you working with a laptop or a PC?

Do you have record hardware at all? Like an external microphone/tapedeck, anything?

Tape video camera? If so what kind?

• MwightMwight Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    I do have an iPhone I can use for recording video.

I have a PC.

I have a CAD u37 and I believe it is a large diaphragm condenser mic.

I also did find power director ultra which was on a major sale, but I'm either incompetent which is very highly possible, or its not the best for multi tracking, but I could very easily be wrong about that.

I also saw something called Reaper which I don't have any experience, but I know Frog Leap Studios uses it.
    @Mwight ,

Cool, you have all the tools you need. Now it's just a matter of taking a few hours to learn to use them how you want to.

1. Reaper is good, you can use that to capture the audio.
    2. You'll want to configure your camera to be at noise level so you're centered in the frame. You may have to use a combination of rubber bands/string and some cloths hangers if you don't have a Iphone Mic stand clip.
    3. Learn how to record a track on Reaper with your mic. At this point you'll just want to get audio.
    4. Now when recording with iphone and audio you'll want to have an edit point. (Clap twice count 321) you'll use that to snyc the video with recorded audio in Power Director, if that's what you'll be using.
    5.Transfeer video from phone to PC.
    6. Save Reaper audio in same folder as video.
    7. create new project/save all files in same location.
    8. Import the files, sync them together.
    9. Export as MOV or H.264, upload to youtube.
    10. Share on the forum.

Everything you'll want to learn about the programs can be found on youtube.

Selecting microphone in reaper, arming tracks, recording, exporting.
    Importing media to Power Director,
    Syncing Audio in Power director,

ect.

• MwightMwight Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 52
    Okay, got it.

Last thing, then I'm all set. I'm looking at getting a large diaphragm condenser mic, and a pre amp to provide it with phantom power, and adjust the sound as needed. I'm looking at this,

Audio-Technica AT2035 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone

And this,

BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200

Does that look to be in order for a high quality recording?
    @Mwight ,

It will give you audio but coming out of the Preamp you'll still need a recorder some sort. In your case, usb interface which is another bit of gear.

You may be better off with something like:

Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer

That way you can get the audio into the computer, and it's about half the price.

Looking at gear under 200 dollars they're all about the same quality in parts so they sell the stuff on features.

• EllisonlingEllisonling Member Posts: 2
    Don't miss this professional audio recording software, called TunesKit Audio Capture for Windows, which can help me to record audio from web browser, media players, and streaming music service. And it’s can keep or edit all original ID3 tags. Also it can save and record the recorded audios as MP3, AAC and other popular audio formats. If you would like to cut the unwanted segment and get a fascinating audio track, this audio recording software can do this well.
  • I use power director ultra. It's pretty decent, but in the same token I use to make tv commercials professionally so it's kind of low end compared to the systems I'm used to.
    It does multi-track both video, and audio.
    It has some cool special effects also.
    You can save your movies in 4 different file formats.
    For 50 bucks it packs a good punch.
    It also comes with software for recording whats happening on your computer screen. (great for recording youtube vids.)

If you have the devices already then all you need is the software, I would also recommend a small 4 channel mixer that comes equipped with phantom power, but when buying a mixer make sure it has decent pre amps for each channel, or at least the two main inputs (XLR))

Peace, Tony
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    I think iPhone records amazing videos with a great sound!
  • Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    iPhones are not all that bad actually... they can get even better with an aftermarket mic such as the ZOOM iQ7, that plugs right into the charging port of your iPhone and is a far better mic!
    You'll still need a DAW or a small multi-track recorder to add the background instruments etc.
  • cjfoxcjfox Member, 2.0 INTERMEDIATE Posts: 19
    I know you stated you did not want to spend a lot of money, but I have had great success with the newer line of hero cameras. I had an old hero 2, and the sound was horrible, but last year I bought a hero 4, and the sound is great! I have recorded a few bands including my own, and the compression and frequency range are very good. I also have recorded using an iPhone and a high end Panasonic camera, and short of using a quality studio mic into a DAW and synching it to video, the hero 4 is the simplest solution for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,111
    If you have a webcam, your webcam software should record both audio and video
  • Wlee2060Wlee2060 Member Posts: 1
    For me, I think Joyoshare Screen Recorder is the best and most suitable audio and video software to record Youtube videos after tried several recording tools on the internet. It's easy to operate with friendly interface, I can easily handle it without trouble. The best part of this recorder is that it can record video with audio or record audio only according to your needs. Besides, the recording quality is quite good. Recommend you to have a try.
  • kassiekassie Member Posts: 2
    When it comes to the audio recorder for YouTube, you can find lots of tools in the market that can help you. But here, I would like to share a tool called DRmare Audio Recorder for Windows with you. It is a smart and professional tool that can record music from not only YouTube, but also from many other sources. I think it is worth to having a try. Good luck.