Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Continuing to grow

I've been working volume 3 for a couple of months now. Am I supposed to keep doing the same workout everyday? Are we supposed to go back to volume 2 workouts at all? How can I continue to grow using this program without hitting a wall or plateauing? Is it possible for your voice to keep improving or does it only improve so much?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    As long as you continue doing the Volume 3 workouts, you will continue to progress. We all hit plateaus, followed by periodic breakthroughs. Many of us also alternate between Volume 3 and Volume 2 workouts, the Building Head Voice workouts, Divas and Dudes workouts, and the advanced stamina workouts that are in the PRO VIDEO section. There is no scarcity of options to keep changing up and varying your workouts.

Also, you can go through the PRO PACK videos and study along with the Webcam videos, as if you were taking private skype lessons with Ken. That's really valuable information, and many of them are working up songs, line-by-line. You can also use the Karaoke tracks that are in the PRO Packs, and work on other songs on your own.

Your voice will continue to have subtle changes for years to come. I've been doing KTVA for about five years now, and my voice continues to grow and improve. Keep doing some form of the workouts on a regular basis, and alternate by working on songs as well, for part of your workout time. Many students spend a full year working on Volume 3 before moving on to Building Head Voice.

Have you done Building Head Voice yet?

Bob
  • KathyGKathyG Pro Posts: 15
    @highmtn thank you for your help. Good to know students stay on vol 3 for quite a while. No I have not done "Building Head Voice". Were do I find that?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    edited April 2016
    It's in the PRO PACKS if you got the PRO Bundle. ProPack 1. The ProPacks are also where you find all of the Karaoke Tracks and Webcam Lessons.
    You can find the Advanced Dudes and Divas lessons here on the Forums, in the PRO Videos section.