Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

What is your vocal range?

My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6. Of course, on an average day my range doesn't go that far. Those are my lowest and highest though. I feel pretty satisfied with this.

What is your range?

Comments

• Options
    Really?

¿Singing full songs?
  • Options
    KevinGremKevinGrem Pro Posts: 217
    Those would be my maximum and minimum ranges on my best day. On an average day, my range would be a full 4 octaves from B2 to B6.
  • Options
    KevinGrem said:

Those would be my maximum and minimum ranges on my best day. On an average day, my range would be a full 4 octaves from B2 to B6.

I insist.Singing full songs?
  • Options
    Do you understand my question?
  • Options
    Nah, I don't think so. I don't think I'd be able to maintain that much range for a full song, although I've never tried it before. But just maybe I can. I'll have to try. But what song is there that goes all the way from B2 to B6?
  • Options
    Soup9Soup9 Pro Posts: 1
    My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6.
    That's actually not over 4 octaves, that's 3 octaves and a major third.

My modal range is from about C2-Bb4 (a whole step less than three octaves), with another octave of falsetto (up to the Bb5). Never been able to hit a B4 in chest, my voice doesn't stretch that far. :neutral:
  • Options
    @KevinGrem Thanks for the clarification,mate.

And it was a bit comical haha, but you know few songs reach as high vocal range.

In the end, things always end up adapting. Nobody sings dream on by aerosmith, every day, with the same intention and power.
  • Options
    Soup9 said:

My full vocal range extends over 4 octaves. The lowest note I ever sang was an A2, and the highest I ever sang was a C#6.
    That's actually not over 4 octaves, that's 3 octaves and a major third.

My modal range is from about C2-Bb4 (a whole step less than three octaves), with another octave of falsetto (up to the Bb5). Never been able to hit a B4 in chest, my voice doesn't stretch that far. :neutral:

Wrong. It's 4 octaves and a major third. Look it up.
  • Options
    hirendraahirendraa 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 23
    @KevinGrem do u mean c#6 in your chest voice or head voice?
  • Options
    Oh shoot...I am very sorry! I made a mistake. I meant to say that my lowest note is A1, not A2.

You are right Mr. Soup9, sorry for my error!
  • Options
    hirendraa said:

@KevinGrem do u mean c#6 in your chest voice or head voice?

Falsetto
  • Options
    birdcherrybirdcherry Pro Posts: 32
    There's a big difference between "range" and actual working range. Because some squeaks and burps are not singing. Without a proof of you singing (a full scale for example) it all sounds questionable
  • Options

There's a big difference between "range" and actual working range. Because some squeaks and burps are not singing. Without a proof of you singing (a full scale for example) it all sounds questionable

I'll send you samples of my singing to prove it.
  • Options
    birdcherrybirdcherry Pro Posts: 32
    Why send it, if you can put it there
  • Options
    ZhoobeenZhoobeen Member Posts: 10
    My range is from F2 to D#6 but i think i can do better but this is what I've got so far
  • Options
    tjk_2002tjk_2002 Member Posts: 1
    Depends what is a workable singing range or just a "record" range. I did everything from C2 to almost C7 (i am sure for Bb6), but that was in whistle register. With falsetto (reinforced) I used to go to the highest Bohemian Rhapsody note (i think its Bb5), but that is gone for me now and i am doing it with my whistle register from above, but only if it works, because nowdays i have a "blind" spet between A5 and D6, usually can't hit anything in between. Nowdays I can reach A5 with falsetto on any day. Well, but my problem is chest voice. I can go full chest up to A4, well G4 on any day, A4 sometimes and only few times if I try, can't do it for too much. I am not sure how high I can go with mixed voice so that it doesn't become fully head/falsetto.
  • Options
    DannyS081502DannyS081502 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    The Lowest Chest voice note i've used in a melodic sense was a Bb1, and The highest is an F4. But Comfortably speaking I Won't toy with anything lower then a C2. So workable for me is probably C2-E4 / F4