Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hey! I'm AJ.

What's up. My name is AJ... I have been singing (poorly) for a long time and finally decided to do something about it :). I have only done the first volume so far but taking it very slow. I'm practicing my breath support and working on transitioning up the pillars. I have recorded a quick take of Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart. Would love if you would listen and offer advice. I am still struggling with stamina and get fatigued by the chorus! And you will hear it in my recording haha. I can sing the chorus pretty well if I don't have to sing the whole verse first. Still struggling with the flip from chest to head.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew4o8fwf30x63ir/brokenheart.mp3?dl=0

Thanks and look forward to meeting you all.
AJ

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, AJ!

It really sounds pretty good. Nice and bright, good cord closure. In the chorus, your A4's (the high notes) need more support. You'll really have to push down more on the diaphragm for those notes. You're close, but you're pushing on the throat when you should be pushing on the diaphragm.

Give yourself a little more time. You're on a good track.

Bob
  • allenjdallenjd Pro Posts: 2
    Thanks Bob appreciate the feedback. Yep I am definitely using my throat I will work on your advice.