Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Improvements are fantastic - helping me with Train - Drops Of Jupiter

Loving this program, Ken's method is so good and is helping me so much. I'm only a couple of months into volume one and I'm seeing huge improvements. I sing Drops Of Jupiter by Train in my acoustic 4-piece band, and previously had to drop the key from C to Bb to be able to hit the high note near the end, but this method is allowing me to go back to the original key. Although I'm finding for that high note ("...wind sweep you off your FEET"), I'm using the vowel modification to hit the word "feet", going to the eh rather than ee......I think i still need more work in making it sound like the ee, but really happy with the results applying the technique are having.
If there is any advice on this please feel free to comment!
Thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Yes. Try the "A" EE. In other words, for the onset of your high EE you begin with the sound of an "A" as in Lay. So you would do "Sweep you off your F-ay-EEt. The "A" is so short that it's really not heard. But it's much easier on your cords than the full-onset of a blunt EE. Practice doing it really fast.

De-emphasize the "A" and get right into the EE portion. That may help you with that note/vowel combination.

Bob