Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi there

pedram_leadguitarpedram_leadguitar Member Posts: 8
edited June 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hi everyone....I'm Pedram . I'm 20 years old. I am a lead guitar player, Composer and songwriter in the style of Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal and Hard Rock. I wanna learn to sing in these style

Best Answers

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Answer ✓

Welcome, Pedram.

Be careful with those styles of singing.  It's very easy to damage your voice in the more brutal genres.  Make sure you learn some good technique to give your voice longevity, otherwise you could burn it out in a short period of time.  You will need to learn to support your voice in order to grow and preserve it.

Bob

• jayjay Enrolled Posts: 32
    Answer ✓
    Welcome Pedram

I think what Bob was trying to say was technique is crucial even more so when singing in those styles, a foundation is needed on which you can build and over time grow your voice and perfect technique.
    KTVA will most definitely help you do this but take your time through stages 1 and 2 first. Approx 8 weeks stage 1 alone to get the basics instilled into your sininging habits, a few months on stage 2, then volume 3.
    We all understand the want to get to the "good stuff and cool stuff" but without basics you have nothing.

Enjoy the journey and good singing to you
  • NigelNigel Administrator Posts: 138
    Answer ✓
    Hi Pedram,

From one metal head to another, welcome!

I don't think you have enrolled in the How To Sing - Better Than Anyone Else singing course...yet :)  

This course is divided into three stages, 1, 2 and 3.

When you enroll in the program you will have access to all the support stages in the forum.

Rock on,

Nigel
    Administrator
    Answer ✓
    That's totally ok, there are plenty vocalists in here who are not enrolled who are enjoying the tips and tricks, and the other vocalists in the forum.

Just bare in mind that the lesson specific techniques will not apply to you - so they won't make sense if people talk about them.

Thanks,
    Nigel
    Answer ✓
    That's why there is Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy!!!

You will find many rock and metal vocalists at KTVA from all over the world!  I know we have some rock and metal singers from Brazil, Germany, England, South Africa, Sweden and other countries.

They have the course and they sing with Ken Tamplin via webcam, he is the best rock vocal coach, by far!

Oh, guys... if only we could name-drop who Ken actually coaches...!
  • PeteMurphyPeteMurphy Enrolled Posts: 95
    Answer ✓
    @Nigel - if you want to name drop, I don't mind you using my name :-D

@pedram_leadguitar - Hello and welcome! the only way to truly learn and fully benefit from KTVA is to buy the course. As Nigel said, it's split into three stages so you don't have to spend lots of money straight away in order to start working on the course.
    If you are able to purchase stage one and start working on the techniques that Ken teaches, you'll be well on your way to learning how to sing in the style you're interested in.
    Stage one info is here - http://kentamplinvocalacademy.com/how-to-sing-volume-1/

Also Ken has some videos on youtube. If you haven't seen them he does various 'how to sing like...' videos, and I think James Hetfield and Bruce Dickinson are included (I can't remember if there's a Steven Tyler one). Just search for Ken Tamplin on Youtube and you'll find them.
    Also, if you really can't buy the course at the moment, there are some great tips in the youtube videos. Ken is very generous in sharing his wisdom on these clips.

Best wishes,
    Pete.
    Answer ✓
    Where do you live?

Answers