Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

My Homemade guitar!

Hi guys!

I have been thinking about posting this for a while now and I decided to finally do it haha This is my homemade guitar and I dont have a name for it yet. I did not make the wood or anything because I dont own a shop or anything so I did buy those. I did the staining, soldering, sanding and everything myself. I want to be an artist of my own so I make my own very unique guitars so I can sound distinct!

Lemme know what ya think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZQ_9sJDqU

If you guys wanna buy one let me know ahaha I would be totally down to make one for somebody!

I have not done any mics because I dont own anything decent for guitar yet. I am yet to buy an SM57. I plan on making another. I might try an SM58 or one of my drum mics but Il have to see.

Thanks guys!

Be critical. If you have anything to say please dont hold back :)

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Nice tone. What pickups are you using?
  • JoshBJoshB Pro Posts: 100
    That would be a Duncon 59! :) I would like to experiment with more and possibly wind my own but a lot of the sound comes from the way the guitar is built. The neck and body combination do a lot! Even some of the setup I did on it is deliberately tinkered with just for a certain tone.

I just did the standard EVH style. One pickup and one volume! I should show off my Tele one of these days! :D
  • kaulferskaulfers Pro Posts: 300
    @JoshB,

Cool man, next time you're building one document with some pictures along the way. You'll get a lot more people insterested. Seems to be a thing.

Sounds good.
    Thanks man! I think I might actually have some I can put on. Let take a look!
    Here is one of the body before the staining. A quick story about the marks in behind the bridge. It was actually a mistake! I was dumb and thought I was done staining so I dropped the cloth and sat back to take a look and saw the flame marks. Most of the riffs I make on guitar are mistakes I make sometimes when I play that I just happen to like. So I thought that was a very cool artistic scene and it could remind me about mistakes and how things happen when I play music. I thought it was really really cool and had a good meaning to it so I just left it like that.

Enough rambling! Here is a photo of the body before the stain.

http://imgur.com/TCPub2U