Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Good days and bad days?

andman342andman342 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 72
So ken talks about how he developed his program to "eliminate moving targets" and lately ive thought about how the whole time ive been doing KTVA (1 1/2 years), i still cant eliminate those moving targets. Today for instance i cant get into my voice. My pitch and tone are off, im unable to truly sing from the diaphragm, and my passagio breaks are horrible lately. I was wondering why this late into the program i still experience bad days, and not good days exclusively? And im sure ken has "bad days" but you wouldnt really know since he has truly mastered singing. When do the good days that outweigh the bad days come?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Often, it's a matter of attention to detail, monitoring yourself, and continuing to make corrections to keep improving. Are you recording yourself daily and listening to the playback so that you can know where you are with your progress and keep making corrections? That's one of the fastest and most consistent ways to hear for yourself what needs correction and take the actions necessary to improve those things that are not consistent.

Ken can teach us about the moving targets, but we have to do the learning. We have to do the trying and the practicing. We have to have awareness of where we are in the process and take responsibility to make improvements.

We all have better days and worse days. The more we embed what Ken teaches into our daily practice, the fewer inconsistencies will undermine us on any given day.

Having problems connecting? Work on connecting. If you're having problems connecting, you need to practice that skill until you master it. Pitch and Tone inconsistencies are often tied to inconsistent support. Nobody experiences good days exclusively.

All the Best!

Bob