Home Musical Gear and Equipment!!!

BAND-IN-A-BOX?

mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
edited January 2014 in Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
has anyone ever tried BAND-IN-A-BOX? i just bought it, it looked pretty cool for some accompany music to practice by or create some accompaniment music for karaoke. i sing specials in church from time to time and though it would be cool to make my on accompaniment music.

Best Answers

• KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    o_o Never heard of it :o What does it do?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Answer ✓

Hey, Mike.

I've heard of Band in a Box for some time now, but never seen a demo on it.  Looks pretty cool, especially for making backing tracks for the purposes you have a need for.  Seems like a really good way to make music for practicing or performing vocals.

How's it coming so far?  What's the learning curve like?  Looks like a fun program!

Bob

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Answer ✓

Answers

• mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    going to play with it a few days and let you know
  • mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    played with it tonight for about 4-5 hours. i'm having a blast! you can start very simple, but it can get as in depth as a DAW program like REAPER and such. wrote my first song on it tonight to play along with my piano practicing. i hope i can find time to do my singing lessons LOL! 
  • guitardudeguitardude Pro Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Yes, I have seen BIAB also. It's a pretty useful program for getting an arrangement down quick to jam by or to assist with songwriting and they have worked diligently over the years to make the quality of the product better. But I think for serious composition, one would need to use Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reason or some such DAW working with BIAB to get a pro quality result if the arrangement has any kind of musical complexity to it (i.e. complex musical riffs several instruments play together either in unison or harmony). But since I don't own it yet (planning to buy it soon), I could be wrong about the power it has now. I'm going to do a little project for some of my family over the next 2 or 3 months so I'll have a more hands on understanding of the software's capabilities and will post my thoughts about it after the project is complete.