Home Welcome

New here! and have few questions

shayhadarshayhadar Member Posts: 2
Hello, I just purchased the 'how to sing better than everyone else' course and I need help with a few things.
First a little about myself - I play guitar for about 8 years, and I'm pretty good at it too. however I never was good at singing, even when I'm trying to sing with a song I know very well and love I miss the rhythm and the key of the song very fast, even with the easiest songs...so after a minute I just stop to trying. I was never been able or tried to sing a song from the start to the end, that's how bad my singing skills are...
Anyway, I started the course and I want to know what's your recommendation about practice time.
how much time a guy like me who's not used to sing at all should practice each exercise a day, without making any damage to my throat?
right now I'm only trying the Lip roll and tongue exercise and I'm finding the second audio workout for the lip roll to be impossible, I get out of breath very fast even though I got diaphragmatic breathing pretty good, Also my head starts to feel dizzy, is that ok?
And last question, when should I start practice singing over real and full-length songs?
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Try to practice an hour per day, at least 5 days per week.

You will increase in stamina in time, but for now, you may need to rest between exercises. You will build strength, but it takes time.
    If you're having troubles with the second lip trill exercise and with breath, then for now, stay with what you are able to do.

A month from now you will probably be far advanced from this, but still working to build up skill.

Because you are having a lot of troubles with lack of stamina right now, I think you should plan on really taking it slowly but surely. Give yourself time to grow. Be very patient with yourself. Six months from now, you will be amazed at how much you have improved, if you stay with it. I would hold off on songs until you start feeling really comfortable with the Volume 1 scales. That is still a basic level, but you are starting from very little skill, and you should not rush the process. Like the time it took you to grow from a child to an adult, your voice needs time to do some growing, too.

Be patient, and you will do well.

All the Best!

Bob
  • shayhadarshayhadar Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much Bob!