Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Yesterday (The Beatles) Cover

Hi KTVA,

Recently I tried to cover Yesterday by The Beatles. This song is slightly more challenging than I thought - while the range is not particularly huge, the long phrases to sustain certainly require more open throat and diaphragmatic support/anchor to maintain the musicality of the tune. I also decide to go for a slightly rounder tone while trying not to sacrifice the brightness in the balance at the same time at all:

All guitars and backing vocals are done by me. Enjoy all! Your comments and feedback on this cover are absolutely appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Sounds good, Tim.

If you want a pointer or two, I would suggest that you lighten up on the consonants and make the lyrics a little more legato. Round off those edges into a more consistent flow.

Good job!

Bob
  • timliu92timliu92 Member Posts: 65
    Thanks Bob! I thought the lyrics are quite in legato already although some of the consonants can be lightened up a bit?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    edited November 2016
    Places such as "Now I long for yes-ter-day-yay-yay-yay" You could string the Yay, yay, yay, yay, into one contiguous Da-A-A-Ay, where it is all one sustained note that descends on different pitches.