Home The Singer's Lobby

Distorted Voice

Im a male 15 years old and i tried the metal scream without proper traning and then my upper range starts on sounding raspy and scratchy and everytime i want to belt it sounds very scratchy and raspy .i didnt know thats gonna happen .can i get my clear voice back???

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, jhunrey444777333,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your voice.

You probably can get your clear voice back, but without hearing you and checking you on some soft singing, it's hard to say in your specific case. You should see an ENT and make sure you don't have any nodes or polyps on your cords.

Oversinging can damage your voice, but if you haven't done it too long, you may be able to rehabilitate your vocal cords.

It's very important to stop doing whatever you have been doing that has caused your voice to become compromised. As long as you are continuing to irritate your cords, they won't have a chance to recover. They may just be swollen, and need some rest and to be retrained to phonate properly. An ENT will be able to evaluate any medical condition that may be causing the raspiness.

Using proper singing techniques is really important, and in the case of singing some of the different styles of screaming and distorting, doing it improperly can be really bad for the voice.

Get checked out by a doctor that specializes on the throat and see what they have to say.

Hopefully you have caught this before doing any permanent damage.

Good Singing to You, j.

Bob
  • thanks bob for your advice.Actually i did the vocal growl i thought that its gonna help me on reaching high notes with ease .yeah it does help me on high notes but when i belt it sounds like metal distorted scream .i hope that this is not permanent.