Home Off Topic

Reinforced falsetto?

coljacolja Member Posts: 45
Does Ken's program cover this kind of singnig?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsNGZGvyQTw

This dude is a master of it. How can I learn this tecnhique?

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    It takes a while to build the muscle structures needed to support this kind of singing, but Yes, Ken does teach it. You just need to be prepared to take the time and do the work.

You should get the PRO Bundle, because you need the "Building Head Voice" program. Be aware that you have to complete Volumes 1, 2, and 3 (included in the Pro Bundle) before attempting to move forward with Building Head Voiced. You will also need to master glottal compression (covered in Volume 3) to avoid hurting your voice with the distortion used for this kind of singing.

Bob
  • coljacolja Member Posts: 45
    highmtn said:

It takes a while to build the muscle structures needed to support this kind of singing, but Yes, Ken does teach it. You just need to be prepared to take the time and do the work.

You should get the PRO Bundle, because you need the "Building Head Voice" program. Be aware that you have to complete Volumes 1, 2, and 3 (included in the Pro Bundle) before attempting to move forward with Building Head Voiced. You will also need to master glottal compression (covered in Volume 3) to avoid hurting your voice with the distortion used for this kind of singing.

Bob

Wow, thanks! Is that C5 in 1:34 on "I'm rolling thunder pouring rain
    I'm coming on like a hurricane" also reinforced falsetto, or just the E5 above it?
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    He's in more of a distorted mix on the C. The E is a more heady mix.
    highmtn said:

He's in more of a distorted mix on the C. The E is a more heady mix.

Thanks!
    What voice type do you think he is?
    High Baritone.
    highmtn said:

High Baritone.

Why so? I kind of want to know how to distinguish voice types!
    We don't fixate on trying to define someone's voice and put it into a box here.