Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Just Wanna Sing Better

Way back when I was first starting to sing, I ran into some hyper-critical people. They made me afraid to sing. I'm working on being better on pitch, but I want to develop and strengthen my voice. I'm nominally a baritone and live around G2 to G3, though I'd like to work higher and have more range. Also, I want the skills to develop my own personal style. And, I want to have stamina and sing without tearing my voice up. After watching a lot of the different YouTube videos on Ken's channel, I think following him will help me do that. Soon, I hope to buy the Hot To Sing Better Than Anyone Else Pro Course. Until then, I am going through the YouTube channel.

I'm from the Midwest United States, Iowa. I like character singers like Joe Cocker, Long John Baldry and Janis Joplin. I really like Blues, I play harmonica which gave me a lung up on the diaphragmatic breathing, Alternative, Southern Soul (think Stax) and Weird Music.

I hope to find a supportive community that can give valuable feedback and share their collective wisdom.

Thanks

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Howdy, @nonsectarianblues!

Nice to meet you. Your goals are totally realistic, and hopefully the community will be something you find worth your participation in. If you're interested in singing better, that's the common bond here.

Welcome to the KTVA forums!

Bob