Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

dingo ate my baby

dingodingo Enrolled Posts: 119
edited June 2012 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Since i have been on here so long, it is time for an intro.

started singing in feb 2011. never did choir or anything like that. did play in the band though.
i live in australia but am american
im an old old lady with grandkids
im deaf
my keyboard is broken

influences
stevie wonder, billy joel, elton, sam cooke, whitney, stevie nicks, aretha, pat benetar

voice
mezzo soprano
range 3 octaves
strengths chest and vibrato

easy songs for me; anything by adele, christina perri
hard songs for me: florence and the machine, mariah, songs that hover around my break

goals
improve voice
create an original cd of songs
have fun
sing love songs to my hubby
busk when i retire

song samples
v

me rapping

Best Answers

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Answer ✓

G'day, dingo!

Glad to make your acquaintance after all this time.  Good to have you back in the fray after laying low for a while!  I listened to your older demo you recently reposted.  You have a very nice voice. 

I've been singing quite a while, but started KTVA at about the same time it looks like maybe you did, February 2011. 

Please keep chiming in with your comments. You are a welcome part of this community, and it's good to hear from you.

Bob

• Options
    GuevaraGuevara Enrolled Posts: 140
    Answer ✓

Welcome, dingo, to KTVA:-)

That all sounds great! but why wait until you retire to start busking? Get your keyboard mended and get out there!!

• Options
    mivisonmivison Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 191
    Answer ✓
    hi dingo,

i too have grand kids(5). over  50 and still singing my lungs off!
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    Answer ✓

Gary,

Spoken like a professional busker!  Actually, the busking could finance the keyboard repair, as you suggest...

• Options
    KokonuhtKokonuht Member, Enrolled Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    HELLO DINGO! 

WHAT BABY DID THE DINGO EAT??! 

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!! I'm so glad you didn't give up :D! NEVER give up! Life's too short to do that. 

May we all enjoy our KTVA journey ;D!
  • Options
    wvwv Enrolled Posts: 36
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓
    Wow, Dingo! You have great range. Would you mind recording an Adelle song? I really love Adelle.

Answers