Home Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

Little moments that make you proud

Been on the program for 16 months and still I feel the improvements.
Was at a club last night and just had probably the best compliment ive ever had.
The guy that booked me said we have had bands in here for over 10 years and you are as good as the best we've ever had.
Man....words cant express how that made me feel.
He took half a dozen business cards and he is going to pass round to other clubs now and said more bookings will be coming your way.
What an investment The Ken Tamplin How To Sing Better Than Anyone Else course has been.
It had been getting a little more difficult the last couple of years to get the bookings.Mainly because clubs and pubs just dont have the money and they want to book quality acts.
They want value... As do we all.
It was just one of the reasons i invested in Ken Tamplin.
I needed to be better..i needed something to make me stand out.
Ken has done this for me and i always say i cant thank him enough..
Well its happened again...
I feel very proud of myself and for all that Ken has done... And of course to the good people of the forum..
Awrabest
Wayne

Comments

• kaulferskaulfers Pro Posts: 300
    @olskool,

Great insight. Thank you for sharing.
  • olskoololskool Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 68
    Cheers @kaulfers Keep goin man
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    I've been doing Ken's program for a while now. Sometimes I think about how different my life would be if I had never found his program, while doing searches on the voice.

I really like what has happened to my voice.

Bob
    Exactly Bob.. Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy ..the gift that keeps on giving man
  • AlvisAlvis Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 117
    @olskool Thanks for sharing this incredible experience of yours! I've been on the program just two weeks now and I look forward to my progress!!
    Keep going @Alvis It takes time and patience but as soon as things start coming together you will never look back. I will always fly the flag for Ken Tamplin.
  • AlvisAlvis Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 117
    olskool said:

Keep going @Alvis It takes time and patience but as soon as things start coming together you will never look back. I will always fly the flag for Ken Tamplin.

It definitely takes time do built up one's voice, and I am glad you've built up yours well and solid by Ken's method. Keep up the good work and do keep us posted on how you've been doing.

Cheers!

• RokkittRokkitt Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone.

I got interested in singing, because I bought a vocal processor. Lol. Go figure.

Here is some background.

I play bass. I sing backups. I'm terrible. Its ok...it's ok, it's part of our act.

The guitarist comes over and unplugs my mic.
    Crowd laughs. We have a great time!

But , let try and sing better I said. I bought a vocal processor for about $250, and guess what. I'm still terrible!

So I took lessons. My vocal coach is good. I've come along way.

I am gonna get KTVA , either the starter pack or one step up. So I am looking for more good things!

HERE IS MY PROUD MOMENT....only a small one, but I am glad.

My last lesson my coach videotaped me. I was showing friends...and they said it's really good! ( I can hear mistakes, but I will fix them)

Even a guy who does production for audio, voice over and music, said I was on pitch and sounded very good! THAT is good news to my ears!

So,i want to be the lead singer. Our singer had to leave. I actually think I can do this.

I've only been working two months. So, more good times to come! Love this forum for info, and the YouTube channel. Can't wait to get my program from KTVA.

Yeah, I also ask, my friends, "if I had a band behind me , would it be OK if you saw the band out in a club and I was singing fronts? They say yes!!!!"

I am stoked!

RokkittBass...but now I am called Rokkitt...lose the bass, add the vocal! Lol
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, Rokkitt. I guess you're ready to Rock, then! Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Bob
    Great stuff Rokkitt... Constant surprises will just keep happening with all your dedication.
    All the best
    Wayne
  • Brillix101Brillix101 Member Posts: 1
    Awesome story :) I have taught myself guitar since I was 9 and I just turned 23 last July. I have always been an extremely soft spoken person who has never really had the nerve to sing in front of a crowd "unless a good amount of alcohol is involved" lol
    I usually can't find the key to suit my voice because my register seems to be so small (non existent in a few points) mainly due to the fear of rejection or being made fun of.
    Is it too late to try to make my voice better?

The best memory I have is kinda iffy but me and a buddy of mine who I play guitar with were at the bar and somehow he got me to go up and sing and everyone joined along. He looked at me and said you have a really good voice but it's all hidden because you aren't projecting it properly. Is there any tips to helping my protection issue?
    @Brillix101,
    You just need a great vocal program and to get started working it. I happen to know of a very great vocal program.

I've been a drummer in bands all my life, and never had any vocal ability to speak of. I just tried and failed. Then I decided to learn to sing for real. I took several courses that were nothing but expensive farces.

Then I ran across KTVA while searching on the internet for vocal information. It was what I had been searching for. It works.

I sing lead (in turn with my bandmates) and sing background when somebody else has a turn at singing lead. It has been a great experience, and I'm really glad I found KTVA to take me up to a professional level of singing that I never thought I could achieve.

Get started. There's no time like now to begin your vocal journey. It lasts a lifetime. You keep getting better if you keep working the program.

All the Best!

Bob
  • KevinGremKevinGrem Pro Posts: 217
    B) I feel so good today! Yesterday I was struggling to sing and I started to feel really discouraged, thinking that all of my hard work was not paying off. But today, my voice is totally different. I've been working on masking those passaggio notes in a way that makes them fit right in with the rest of my voice. The key is VOLUME control. I have this urge to sing too loud, and it makes my passaggio sound like shit. The passaggio notes need to sung with an open throat, and with a mask of distortion underneath to give them power. I've listened closely to Dio, and this is actually what he does when he gets up to a certain point. The reason this works so well is because he controls the volume of his chest voice so that when he goes up higher, those notes don't sound weak relative to the chest notes. You've got to cut back the volume in the belting register if you want to sing correctly through the passaggio. Otherwise your throat will get tight and you'll lose control. The microphone gives you the volume. Let it do its job and just focus on delivering good tone.

I am on the brink of becoming a world class metal singer. This year I am going to devote myself more than ever to my voice, record an album, and hopefully continue along this path to build a career. I just have to stay positive and focused, and I will reach true success I am sure.

• viniciusoliveiraviniciusoliveira Enrolled Posts: 303
    edited February 2017
    > @Brillix101 said:
    > Awesome story :) I have taught myself guitar since I was 9 and I just turned 23 last July. I have always been an extremely soft spoken person who has never really had the nerve to sing in front of a crowd "unless a good amount of alcohol is involved" lol
    > I usually can't find the key to suit my voice because my register seems to be so small (non existent in a few points) mainly due to the fear of rejection or being made fun of.
    > Is it too late to try to make my voice better?
    >
    > The best memory I have is kinda iffy but me and a buddy of mine who I play guitar with were at the bar and somehow he got me to go up and sing and everyone joined along. He looked at me and said you have a really good voice but it's all hidden because you aren't projecting it properly. Is there any tips to helping my protection issue?

My story is quite similar.
    I used to be too shy and speak too softly.
    I begun taking music lessons at the age of 14.
    I learnt to play many instruments cuz I WAS TOO SHY TO SING.
    Singing was the only thing I cared abt in music yet I thought I'd never master it so it wasn't worth trying.

All those years learning those instruments were lost time.
    Now I'm done with being shy.
    I'll sing how I'm up to and screw what people think abt me.
    I sing to please no one but myself.
    I always wanted to sing very high but I thought I couldn't cuz I wasn't born with the capacity of singing on the 5th octave through chest.
    Now I know people,specially men,aren't born w/ that. They develop it.
  • TonyRustTonyRust Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    So I've been like, always as singer. Went to college 30 years ago as a singer. I'm a tenor, and my vocal teacher was awesome, but no one ever went through the voice to get into head voice. I always thought my A or whatever was what my voice was. I had a "rock D" as I called it but didn't think about it much (always thought those were just notes to hit fast and get away from almost as fast). Fast forward to now and I"m discovering the notes I thought I'd lost after some throat cancer, and realizing that I have way more potential range than I ever thought possible. I'm only a few days into working with this but it's already an eye (and throat) opener.
    Awesome stories guys. Thanks for sharing.
  • MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    heh heh, it's great you got their attention that way. Keep it up!
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    Thanks for sharing - that's a great success story!
  • RokkittRokkitt Member Posts: 4
    > @Rokkitt said:
    > Hey everyone.
    >
    > I got interested in singing, because I bought a vocal processor. Lol. Go figure.
    >
    > Here is some background.
    >
    > I play bass. I sing backups. I'm terrible. Its ok...it's ok, it's part of our act.
    >
    > The guitarist comes over and unplugs my mic.
    > Crowd laughs. We have a great time!
    >
    > But , let try and sing better I said. I bought a vocal processor for about $250, and guess what. I'm still terrible!
    >
    > So I took lessons. My vocal coach is good. I've come along way.
    >
    > I am gonna get KTVA , either the starter pack or one step up. So I am looking for more good things!
    >
    > HERE IS MY PROUD MOMENT....only a small one, but I am glad.
    >
    > My last lesson my coach videotaped me. I was showing friends...and they said it's really good! ( I can hear mistakes, but I will fix them)
    >
    > Even a guy who does production for audio, voice over and music, said I was on pitch and sounded very good! THAT is good news to my ears!
    >
    > So,i want to be the lead singer. Our singer had to leave. I actually think I can do this.
    >
    > I've only been working two months. So, more good times to come! Love this forum for info, and the YouTube channel. Can't wait to get my program from KTVA.
    >
    > Yeah, I also ask, my friends, "if I had a band behind me , would it be OK if you saw the band out in a club and I was singing fronts? They say yes!!!!"
    >
    > I am stoked!
    >
    > RokkittBass...but now I am called Rokkitt...lose the bass, add the vocal! Lol

Hey guys! I have an update!

Lost some steam there for a while...but found it again.
    Was inspired by seeing Foreigner over the summer! Man that guy is great!

Been taking lessons ...after stopping for a while....started back up every week about 2 months ago.

My head voice is coming along, and my teacher says I have a 3 octave range. (I don't have power throughout..but good enough for now)

So, I she said if I showed up on an audition, she would take me serious! That felt like a win to me...so I answered some craigs list ads looking for a lead singer.

Someone replied...gonna give it a shot!

Will keep you all updated....3.5.2018

Thanks! Rokkitt
    @Rokkitt brilliant. Keep pushing yourself. That's what it's all about man.
  • AlyonaAlyona Member, Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 288
    Wow @olskool that's so awesome! Give us a link on your video!
    Amazing ))
  • KevinGremKevinGrem Pro Posts: 217
    I received a very friendly comment today :smile:

Another gentleman and myself were commenting on Per Bristow's facebook ad, then we started talking in private message. He asked to hear some of my singing so I recorded some on the spot, then he wrote to me "dude I think you can school per bristow lol, like I have no doubt you are better than him, no joke, you seriously have a really good voice, strong tone, very nice artistry"

• lukasbondsinginglukasbondsinging 2.0 PRO Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    just did this video today... it makes me proud and happy! KTVA Rocks! Cheers guys!
    Lenny Kravitz - low by lukasbondsinging https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9esoO08ts
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @lukasbondsinging your voice sounds fabulous.
  • omkarpanchamomkarpancham Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 91
    Very very nice song Lukas!! You are extremely talented. You approach to the song reminded me of Ken :) It was amazing. :D
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Lukas ( @lukasbondsinging ),

very good interpretation. You have a great voice. Keep on singing.

Best regards from Germany,
    Doc
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Very good lukasbondsinging really like the sound nice tone.

Regards
    Newbie from Scotland.