Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Brand New Student

adcadc Member Posts: 1
edited January 2017 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, and I just started using KTVA bundle. Although I am busy at school, I am impressed by the amount of knowledge I have gained thus far. I did have a few beginner questions:

When do I move on from volume 1 to volume 2? And what should I practice everyday? Should it be the vocal warmups or techniques from the actual movies? When do I know I'm ready to move to a new volume? Thank you!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Hi, @adc,

Watch the videos first. Re-watch them. You'll see and hear new details each time you watch.

The videos show you how to do what you'll be doing in the audio workouts.

When you do your audio workouts, first always do the Lip Burbles and the Tongue exercise to get ready to sing. When you do those always bridge into head voice.

Your audio warmups/workouts are what you work on daily to improve your voice. Do them 2 times, once trying to stay in your chest voice, and the second time trying to bridge into head voice.

Plan on spending as long as you need to, in order to become proficient at all of the exercises. Normally that will be about 12 weeks. Some spend 6 months to get ready for volume 2. Others, even longer.

You move along at your own pace. There is a lot of foundational material in Volume 1, so make sure you don't gloss past any of it.

We're here for you if you get stuck or lost.

Bob
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Spending at least an hour or so is very good for progress. At least 4 times a week is ideal. It may sound like much in the beginning, but it's only 4-6 hours every week... Sure some people are very busy with work, some are not, or to a lesser extent. See where you can put your time, and you can even schedule your time. I put reminders on my phone for singing, so i can push 'complete' when i'm done. For me, this gives me a feeling of completion and progress.

For Volume 1, i would say that stretching your chest for Ah, AA and EE (Ooh also if you want) on the 2 types of scales for each one is already quite a bit. There a few extra scales you should do for stretching as well (you will hear them in the audio workout), and that will then have been a lot of stretching. In VOL1 i would always start with doing the lighter scales/bridging type of scales. Do them VERY lightly, don't push air, don't change the volume. You can pack all this into an hour's work.

Good singing to you and welcome to the forum!