Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Almost ready to jump

I just want to say hello. I've not purchased the program yet been am strongly leaning towards it! I'm a bit reluctant to jump in and start running. I'm 34 and have been told I could never sing well because I wasn't born with it. If I could get some feedback as to am I starting to late to try. I'm a complete beginner, lol heck I didn't even sing in choir while in school at any age due to the fact I was told I sucked. Can this program really help me to achieve the goals I have. I sing all the time when no one can here lol like the shower my car etc.! Thanks for any and all input I would appreciate it greatly!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    You don't have to be born with singing talent. Some people have more trouble than others with learning to discern pitch and control it. Can you sing happy birthday without everyone else in the room demanding that you be quiet so that they can sing the song? This method will teach you how to get a better tone, and how to sing properly. If you can't tell one pitch from another, you may have to really work at getting better at that. If you can sing, but just don't like the sound of your voice, that's a lot easier to improve.

There is actual work involved. You have to practice at vocal exercises, and spend some time on it, regularly. You have to listen to yourself in order to improve.

Your age isn't a problem. This course has young teens to people in their 80's, and many have never sung before. If you sing all the time by yourself, then you will probably really like what this course will do to your voice. You may even want to let others hear sometimes! :^)

Bob
  • sembrey83sembrey83 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick response! I can sing with my brother and everyone says we sound really good. But when I'm singing alone they say I suck lol. I m a very determined person and don't give up easy! I intend on doing this program practicing at least an hour a day 5 to 6 days a week! I told my brother I was going to get this program and he said I was dumb but this is coming from a guy that can sing naturally but is to shy to actually perform. Anyway I would like to in a years time be able to at least carry a tune from some songs they said I would never be able to sing. I'll list those songs, they picked some really tough ones. Steve perry faithful, Robert plants stairway to heaven, Frank Sinatra any song, George straight I cross my heart, maroon 5 sugar and payphone. That's the short list at the end of the day I would like to just sing and show them I can do it no matter the genre or style is that goal to lofty! I'll put what ever time is needed to master the craft the best I can. Thanks again for the comment I'm looking forward to where I can go I believe it's possible now just to go after it and make it happen.