Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Throat soreness even when trying to sing natural

I know how to do the breathing and how to keep my soft pallet raised but when I sing my throat hurts, even when I'm just thinking about certain notes my throat would hurt without me even acting upon it. I'm not trying to sound pretty when I sing I'm trying to sound natural like my normal talking voice but it bothers me because, that don't sound like me singing at all; I'm literally just talking and can't seem to adjust my voice just slightly so I can hit notes I want to around my range without me being in monotone so I don't get throat soreness. I see lots of people saying just sing your natural voice and don't try do go for the notes but I'm soooooooo confused because when people sing they are loud and have great tone and hitting notes without the throat soreness but, also the people who sing have a totally different voice when singing from their regular voice and I'm just lost right now. Do they even feel the soreness? I'm keeping straight posture, relaxed shoulders and head slightly down, pallet raised, breathing through diaphragm and I can't seem to conquer the pain.

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,357
    It's not normal to feel soreness when you sing. Can you record yourself singing along to one of the standard LAH scales in Ken's tutorial youtube videos? That would let us hear what it is that you are doing and maybe make some recommendations for you.

A short video clip about a minute long would be great. Then we could see what you're doing, as well as hear you.