Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Song Instead Of A Kiss

This was my second recording that I did about 8 months before I did the Uninvited cover. It is an Allanah Myles ballad that she did in 1992, a really beautiful song. I thought the instrumentation seemed a bit dated and pretty over the top for 2015. I just wanted that part to be simplified. I heard just one violin in my head and I happened to know an incredible violinist! I wanted the violin to be more of a single feature & so he took it from there! I love the result.

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    :love: wow... I really enjoyed that. I can't wait to hear what happens with your voice as you continue working with Ken's course! Keep 'em coming.

ほんとうにきれいですね!
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Nice. You should talk your violinist friend into forming your jazz band with you. Kind of a Kansas goes Jazz type of thing.
  • CherieCherie Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 122
    I felt it was a coup for me being fortunate enough for him to do those 2 recordings with me! He has his own band and plays all over the place. Around town, a very well respected musician. I was really happy with what he did on my recordings but it is just a snippet of what he does as a solo violinist. His name is Patrick Contreras Violin on Fire. His playing is really incredible. I knew that if people in my local music community saw he was willing to record with me that would help me be looked at differently. I would have sung Happy Birthday, anything really!!! I think it helped me. I guess sometimes there are politics in local music scenes too! If I ever got a chance to sing a song in his band or anything, anywhere, I would jump so fast!! But.....working as hard as I can with this program might actually put me in much better position at some point! That's my goal. I usually don't like time to move too fast but with this, I can't wait for this next year to fly by!