Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Lah exercise, need feedback

Hallooo

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    @tret14,

The notes you are singing are not the notes that belong on this exercise. You are a couple of notes off, from start to finish. The melody you are singing isn't that bad, but you aren't starting out on the right notes, so the rest of the notes are also off, because you aren't on the right note to start with.

There are two ways you might try to get this corrected.

One way would be to listen to the chord at the beginning of the scale, and pause the playback. Then don't proceed until you have found yourself singing the right note to begin the scale. If you can't find the right note, keep playing that first chord, until you find it. THEN try to sing the scale, starting with that right note.

If that doesn't work for you, then try singing along with Ken on the guided scales. Listen to him, and make sure you are singing the same notes Ken is singing.

You have to get the first note right, or the rest of the scale is almost certain to be wrong. That's why I recommend you first practice getting the first notes right, THEN focus on singing the entire scale in the correct key.

Your voice is ok, but you need to find your place on what the right notes should start out on.

See what you can do with that information.

Bob
  • tret14tret14 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 5
    Thanks Bob, the truth is i realized that after I posted it :P I have work to do...I ll post again in a week or 2, thanks again
  • IanGouldMusicIanGouldMusic Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
    edited May 2017
    Ken also addresses these issues on Disc two of the DVD pack, if you have it.