Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

question on diaphram strengthening

hi all, i had a question. i have seriatic arthritis in my spine, and my diaphram has been weakend due to lack of mobility in that area... are there any exercises such as sit ups that would help to regain strength in that area of muscle groups? i am also needing to shed some weight in that area. i have been noticing that while i do the exercises with the free lessons, that i don't seem to have much muscle control while practicing with video "3 diaphragmatic breathing". any tips would be appreciated. thanks
-El Diablo Ramon

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Situps are good for gaining abdominal muscle tone. I don't know how that will mesh with your arthritic condition. Running is great, also, because your huffing and puffing as you run is your diaphragm working hard to supply you with enough oxygen to keep going. Working your diaphragm harder is the best way to build the diaphragm.
  • EldiabloramonEldiabloramon Member Posts: 21
    seriatic arthritis attacks the shoulders, spine, and hips. my spine doesn't have a lot of mobility down by my abdomen, which translates into not a lot of muscle control.