Home Off Topic

Too many good reviews?, Can't find any bad ones for other programs?. Find someone who has one here.

JadenKarrJadenKarr Pro Posts: 72
Not sure if i posted this in the right category. But i think it would be really valuable to know peoples >bad< experiences with other programs. Perspective is really important. Many times we are fooled to believe that programs are better than they are, and this is largely because there are no BAD reviews that can be seen/found. Or even constructive opinions on what the program can improve on!. So I've seen online that some people have had bad experiences with ones i'll mention below. I will not directly name them just incase. But overall, i feel like this is a post with positive intentions. So people can be careful with spending. It also can make it possible for people seeking an opinion about a program, to find someone who can provide it.

>>>>>>Preferably in private<<<<<<<<

KTVA is largely succesful and respected not only because of all the >credibility it has< (amazing singing teacher, amazing singing students), but because of this community filled with lots of genuine people who use the program.

That being said, if i may. There is no doubt that programs can have good reviews. But Atleast i, have also found bad reviews for codenames below. Some of them i can even share my own experience. So feel free to ask and share >Preferably in private<. We don't want this to become a circus. But i do think we NEED more transparency and more opinions. So people can have a clearer picture of what's good and what isn't. And they don't continuously waste their money.

I hope this post can be kept up as i think it will serve the singing community overall.

The main program i can say i tried and is horribly basic and just .. a lie for what it claims.

Is one that ironically - claims to have the "superior" way of doing things. So if you know who i'm referencing, now you're more aware.

If anyone wants to share their experiences preferably don't directly say it. I also have other experiences with programs that i could share, but their not neccesarily "bad", feel free to ask. They certainly didn't give me what i wanted though. But atleast they gave me something.

Example, Some claim.

1. They will give you success.
2. They will teach you how to get in "the zone".
3. They will break your restrictions.
4. They will teach you the key "foundations".

Etc etc. I Hope this post encourages communication. I myself would like to ask some questions regarding such, but i want to do it privately. Appreciate anyone who offers to answer.

Comments

• MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    edited June 2017
    I don't know anything about those other courses. I started with this one, because I could see someone who knew what they are talking about, and whose students were amazing.

Because I am a teacher myself, I recognise someone who is the real deal. For me, I hesitated to purchase this program because I wasn't convinced that an online course could teach me what I needed.

Within three days of starting the course, the difference I could hear and feel in my voice was so obvious that I knew I had found the real deal.

Unfortunately there are so many stories about those "other courses" and how they were a complete waste of money and time. I am so glad I dodged a bullet and found something that so far seems to completely deliver on what it promises.

EDIT: I was going to go for singing lessons with a local school. $300 for 10 half hour lessons. I compared that to the cost of the PRO bundle and the pro bundle was more cost effective for me.
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    There are some difficulties with having a discussion like this here.

I know your intentions are good, and yes, many of us have literally wasted tons of money on singing programs that were nothing but a waste of time, or others that were just not very effective.

BUT... This is the house that Ken built, and the MAIN purpose of the KTVA forums is to be a sort of Help Desk for students of KTVA. To help clarify issues about the course that may be unclear. To help you keep moving through your course. To give you feedback.

And people coming through here that aren't KTVA students can pick up quite a bit of what's going on here from the conversations happening, and from what valuable singing information is freely given here. We don't give away the farm, but we do help a lot of people, whether they ever get Ken's program or not. Everybody is welcome in the commons areas of the forums, unless they're here to make trouble.

We're here to support one another, and to lend a hand to someone who needs a little help.

What we WON'T let happen is some debate or battle-royal about this course or that course. The other forums can do that, but we won't here.

That's why there is so little acrimony here. You can get all of that you want at those other places.

We don't allow any links to other vocal sites or talk about jargon that is specific to other methods. Those are the things we leave at the door when we come to KTVA.

We're not here to be a clearing-house for other vocal methods. They don't work.

I understand why you would like to have access to information about the fake programs out there, so you can avoid them. Some of those programs have very elaborate fake websites that "debunk" the notion that they are fake. Those very debunking websites are fake. It's crazy.

Just watch all of the videos of the coach singing whole songs and decide if you want to sing like them. No videos? They're fake. Few videos, just snippets of songs? They can't do it. Fake.

By the way, welcome to the KTVA forums. KTVA methods work.

:-)

Bob

• JadenKarrJadenKarr Pro Posts: 72
    Matsy said:

I don't know anything about those other courses. I started with this one, because I could see someone who knew what they are talking about, and whose students were amazing.

Because I am a teacher myself, I recognise someone who is the real deal. For me, I hesitated to purchase this program because I wasn't convinced that an online course could teach me what I needed.

Within three days of starting the course, the difference I could hear and feel in my voice was so obvious that I knew I had found the real deal.

Unfortunately there are so many stories about those "other courses" and how they were a complete waste of money and time. I am so glad I dodged a bullet and found something that so far seems to completely deliver on what it promises.

EDIT: I was going to go for singing lessons with a local school. $300 for 10 half hour lessons. I compared that to the cost of the PRO bundle and the pro bundle was more cost effective for me.

Thanks for sharing that mate - could you volunteer to answer some doubts i have in private?. It would be really helpful and i would really appreciate it. Can we post emails here? hmm not sure how now that i think about it - if indeed emails are not allowed to be posted.