Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Doris from Slovenia

Hi guys, I've always admired beautiful singing and now that I've realized anyone can learn it, I decided to fulfill my longtime wish and bought this course. I see more and more that this site offers much more than its price. Lovin' it!
Doris

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Glad you've found it! There is plenty to learn! Welcome!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Stick to the course and over time you will grow your voice like crazy.

Welcome!

Ben
  • DorisDoris Pro Posts: 4
    Thank you.
    I've been doing Volume 1 for a week now and I'm pretty tired when I go through it twice (once stretching the chest voice and then letting it switch to mix/head voice). It takes me one hour. Am I doing it too hard? But if I sing with less power I can't keep chest voice in higher tones.
    Is it normal in the beginning to be tired after an hour of practice?

Doris
    You can be a little tired, but nothing should hurt and you should definitely not become hoarse. It sounds to me as if you might be over singing a little, but i can not confirm that of course. Try to sing light in the beginning, keep the sound bright and support it. Shed of weight when you go high in your chest-only scales. Don't try and 'push' with your throat to squeeze out the higher notes.

All the best,

Ben
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    This is probably more singing than you have been doing on a regular basis, so it will take a little while before you get used to working your voice this much. Increased stamina will come with time and consistency in your practice. You can do partial workouts, half and half between chest stretching and bridging, and gradually build up to full workouts, if that helps you to ease your way into this.
  • mikecmikec Enrolled, 2.0 PRO Posts: 9
    Hi Doris. I'm really glad I saw your post. I was about to post something very similar. My name is Mike. I just started the course about 4 days ago. I'm also going through the workouts twice. Takes me a little more than an hour. About 70 min. And I'm also pretty tired and a little hoarse in my low register by the end. But I notice later in the day that I feel more battle tested. Later in the day I feel like my passaggio is better than it's been in a while. It reminds me of times when I've had a 20-30 gigs in a row without a day off. It would be tough at first but at the end I'd be pretty bulletproof. I think my vocal cords are getting a little dried out during some of those fast moving scales. I've had less gigs this month, but busier times are coming so I probably need this workout. The name "workout" is indeed a good name. I don't see myself using the workout right before a gig, I'd probably do something easier on get warm for a showr. But doing this daily seems like it's going to give me iron pipes. I sure hope so! I do plan on booking a private lessson with Ken soon to make sure I'm doing this right. Hang in there! I will too :)

Mike
    For some reason when I first ordered the program I didn't get the PDFs. Now that I've finally read the PDFs I see that Ken says we definitely shouldn't be getting hoarse. I'll be booking a private lesson very soon.
    I get tired, out of breath and hoarse. The feeling is similar to having a draft in my throat. I probably breath in too deep during the exercises. They are too fast for me at the moment and it makes me angry. But I'm a fighter, I use the anger as fuel during practise :).
    Try and focus on the technique, listen carefully to Ken and absorb all the information from the videos. Don't over-do it. Start lightly, don't push your throat.
    Check out the PRO VIDEOS sections in this forum for some extra information including student demonstrations. The great thing about KTVA is that everything is demonstrated with detailed information in between.

All the best,

Ben
    I'm doing all that. Yesterday was the first time that I didn't feel hoarse. There is hope :)
    Thanks!
    HI Doris. I'm looking for the PRO VIDOES and I can't seem to find them. Do you have to buy the Pro Pack to see them?
    Yes. Access to the PRO areas of the forums comes with the PRO bundle.